Drumstick paratha. Drumstick leaves paratha / murungai keerai paratha – easy and healthy Indian breakfast recipe. This paratha, made with whole wheat flour has moringa leaves and spices added to it that makes it nutritious. Drumstick leaves or moringa leaves are widely used in South Indian cuisine.
These parathas had a unique flavor with a nice soft texture and compliments very well with cucumber raitha or even butter. Drumstick leaves paratha is quite an innovative paratha recipe with wheat and gram flour based dough mixed with chopped drumstick leaves. Being naturally rich in iron and folic acid, drumstick leaves make a healthful variation to the typical roti recipe. You can have Drumstick paratha using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Drumstick paratha
- Prepare 1/2 cup of finely chopped drumstick leaves.
- You need 2 cups of whole wheat flour (gehun ka atta).
- You need 1 tbsp of peanut oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of curd (dahi).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder (haldi).
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare As per taste of salt.
- You need As required of Oil.
State bans sale of 'loose' cigarettes and beedis Benefits of Drumstick Paratha Drumsticks have numerous Benefits for Human Health: Drumsticks are rich in anti-oxidants and bioactive plant compounds. The entire drumstick plant in fact is beneficial in providing lots of valuable nutrients to the humans. PM Modi also asked Kohli about the Yo-Yo test, which measures the endurance levels of athletes, to which the cricketer said how it is an important benchmark. Drumstick paratha is quite an innovative paratha recipe with wheat flour based dough mixed with cooked drumstick flesh boiled potatoes.
Drumstick paratha step by step
- Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take wheat flour..
- Also add chili powder, turmeric, 1 tsp oil, andsalt, additionally, add green chilli for extra spicy..
- Now add finely chopped drumstick leaves. give a rough mix making sure the spices are combined well..
- Now add curd and combine the dough well. additionally, add some water and knead the dough. knead the dough to smooth and soft texture like of chapathi dough. add 2 tsp of oil and knead the dough for 5 more minutes and keep it aside for 10 min on rest till it is set..
- Divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portion like rothi thin using a little whole wheat flour for rolling..
- Heat a tawa (griddle) and cook paratha on a medium flame..
- When the base is partly cooked, flip the paratha also brush oil / ghee and press slightly..
- Turns golden brown in colour from both the sides..
Being naturally rich in iron and folic acid, drumstick paratha makes a healthful variation to the typical roti recipe. These parathas had a unique flavor with a nice soft texture and compliments very well with cucumber raitha or even butter. When heated roast rolled paratha on both the sides till done adding ghee per your preference. Ready to serve Drumstick green paratha as shown in the image below. Drumstick leaves or moringa greens ('Nugeekayi soppu' in Kannada) is a significant source of beta-carotene, Vitamin C, protein, iron, and Potassium.