Drumstick flowers / moringa flowers. #HealthySnackRecipes, Fresh Flowers Recipe, Evening Snack Item, Murungai Poo Snack, Drumstic Flower Fritters, Flower Cutlets, Maska Phalla Phodi, Drumstick. Moringa or drumstick flowers are known as Swanjhro in Sindhi. We make curry and raita with these flowers.
Moringa oleifera is a fast-growing, drought-resistant tree of the family Moringaceae, native to the Indian subcontinent. Common names include moringa, drumstick tree. Drumstick or Moringa grows in most parts of India, yet it is one of the most overlooked plants. You can cook Drumstick flowers / moringa flowers using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Drumstick flowers / moringa flowers
- Prepare 500 grams of drumstick flowers.
- It’s 4 of tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of Green chillies.
- You need 3-4 tablespoons of oil.
- It’s 1-2 tablespoons of ghee.
- It’s as per taste of salt.
- Prepare 12-14 of Garlic cloves.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of red chilli powder.
- You need 2 teaspoons of turmeric powder.
- You need 2-3 Teaspoons of green part of fresh garlic.
Of late you can get moringa in the form of powder and Another great thing about this plant is that you can use not just the drumsticks but also the seed pods, leaves, flowers and oil pressed from seeds. Moringa or drumstick tree is used as part of diet in India since ages. Its use in treatment is seen in Ayurveda from the times of Sushruta. Hence it can be used during pregnancy.
Drumstick flowers / moringa flowers instructions
- Firstly clean by removing the stems, bruised flowers and buds and keeping fresh flowers and buds to be cooked..
- Now.wash it 2-3 times thoroughly in A very big vessel so that all the dirt and extra stems are removed completely..
- Then boil them in big open vessel for 10 minutes and drain the excess water completely to remove it's bitterness..
- Now pressure cook it in freshwater up to 1 whistle and then on low flame for 5 minutes. Let the cooker release pressure on it's own..
- Meanwhile prepare for tampering. Take A deep pan, heat oil put garlic paste And finely chopped green part of fresh garlic and pinch of asoefotida. Now add tomato puree..
- Sprinkle salt, turmeric and red chilli powder mix well and let the tomatoes Get cooked. Squeeze the excess water from flowers thoroughly and mash it with your fingers or in A mortar to give it A smooth texture.
- Now put this smooth flowers in the pan and mix well. Let it cook on high flame for 3 minutes and adjust the seasonings. Mix well and let it cook on low flame for 5-7 minutes with water on the lid as shown in pic below..
- Open the lid carefully so.as the water on top doesn't drop inside the vessel. Now sprinkle some 3-4 teaspoon water, mix well and cook it again on low flame..
- Finally add 2 tablespoons ghee and turn off the flame. Don't cook ghee to maintain it's nutritional value and aroma. Garnish with tomatoes and cucumbers and Enjoy this authentic delicacy with soft yummy rotis..
But drumstick leaves, root bark and flowers are not indicated during pregnancy. It is not ideal to take this soon after delivery. The flowers and fruits appear only twice every year, and seeds or stem cuttings are used to propagate the tree. All parts of Moringa are used in some form or the other: its leaves, immature pods (drumstick), seeds and flowers, and oil pressed from mature seeds. Vegetable or Moringa flower with fruit.