MURINGAYILA(DRUMSTICK LEAVES) MULAKUSHYAM(CURRY). Muringayila or Drumstick greens are excellent source of vitamins and minerals. Every part of the plant is useful in cooking and for medicinal purpose too. DRUMSTICK LEAVES DAL CURRY / SPINACH TOOR DAL CURRY ( Healthy Spinach Curry Recipe ).
In Kerala almost all have a drumstick tree in their Drumstick leaves can ward off all infectious diseases and can keep you healthy and strong. Rich in vital nutrients and minerals, Drumstick. Fry dry red chillies and a few curry leaves. You can cook MURINGAYILA(DRUMSTICK LEAVES) MULAKUSHYAM(CURRY) using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of MURINGAYILA(DRUMSTICK LEAVES) MULAKUSHYAM(CURRY)
- It’s 1 cup of Drumstick Leaves.
- You need 2 of hand full Pigeon Pea.
- You need 3 of hand full of grated Coconut.
- It’s 1 tsp of cumin.
- You need 2-3 of Shallots.
- It’s 2-3 of Garlic.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Turmeric.
- You need 1/4-1/2 tsp of Red Chilli powder.
- Prepare As per taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Mustard.
- Prepare Leaves of Curry.
- It’s 1 of dry red chilli.
- You need 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
Add the muringayila and saute for a minute. I have never tasted drumstick leaves…This looks sooo….good & inviting. Perfect dish to start with 🙂 Prathima Rao Prats Corner. Muringayilla(Drumstick leaves) recipes are always a big yes to our family.
MURINGAYILA(DRUMSTICK LEAVES) MULAKUSHYAM(CURRY) step by step
- Pressure cook the pigeon pea for 3-4 whistles. When cooked transfer to a pan or earthen pot. Add the spice powders and boil for few minutes..
- Grind coconut, cumin, shallots and garlic to a fine paste. Add this to the dal and boil for 5-7 minutes. Now add washed and cleaned drumstick leaves. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the leaves are cooked..
- In a pan heat a tsp of coconut oil, add mustard, curry leaves and dry chilli. Pour this to the curry and you're done. Serve hot with steam rice, papad and achar.
The only drawback is getting fresh leaves in hand unless you have these at home. When we were in US, the indian stores used to get them and were one of the costliest leaves in th Indian stores due to the increased demand. Drumstick leaves and jackfruit seeds curry recipe with step by step photos and video recipe. simple Drumstick leaves (murigha leaves) are highly nutritious and powerful medicinal benefits. So must try to include them in your diet whenever you have it. Muringayila (Drumstick leaves) as it is called in kerala is useful in preventing many diseases.