Kerala style tomato drumstick gravy. Kerala special Tomato Coconut Curry with meals Monday to Friday veg curry recipes Serve Kerala Tomato Fry Recipe along with Tomato Onion Sambar and Homemade Soft Idlis for breakfast or for a light dinner.
Drumstick Tomato Curry / Munakkaya Tomato Kura recipe – easy Andhra style curry of drumsticks infused with flavor of tomatoes and spices. Back home in Kerala this curry is referred as Mulakushyam or Moloshyam. It has different variations depending on the region, in some parts. You can have Kerala style tomato drumstick gravy using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kerala style tomato drumstick gravy
- You need 4 of medium sized tomatoes.
- You need 3 of drumsticks.
- It’s 2 tsp of oil.
- It’s 1 of medium sized onion.
- You need 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Medium sized ginger chopped.
- Prepare To taste of Salt.
- Prepare of To grind.
- It’s 1/2 of coconut grated.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Jeera(cumin) powder.
- It’s 2 of red chillies.
- Prepare of For tempering.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of urad dal.
- Prepare 2 of red chillies.
- It’s 4 of finely chopped shallots.
- It’s 2 springs of curry leaves.
Drumstick tomato curry is a simple dish, where drumstick pieces cooked in a mildly spiced tomato gravy. As drumsticks are seasonal vegetable, it is Drumstick Tomato Curry is a simple and basic curry dish that is prepared is almost every Indian house. I was looking for a Kerala style rasam recipe and this recipe was apt. I loved the fact that this uses instant rasam powder and the flavour was soo good different from our usual rasam recipes.
Kerala style tomato drumstick gravy step by step
- Add chopped tomatoes,onions, drumsticks, ginger in a pressure cooker. Add chilli powder,salt and turmeric powder. Pour half a cup of water and boil for 1 whistle.
- After 1 whistle,wait for the pressure to settle. Meanwhile, grind the coconut,jeera and dried red chillies into a fine paste. Add little water to get the fine texture.
- Once the pressure settles,open the cooker and pour the coconut paste into the boiled tomatoes and drumsticks. Add the required amount of water. Cook for 10 minutes.
- To prepare the tadka,pour some oil in a small Kadai. Add the mustard and urad daal. Let the mustard splutter completely. Add the chopped shallots,curry leaves and dry red chillies. Pour the contents in the tomato coconut gravy.
- The dish is ready to serve.
The coconut oil tempering was so good in this rasam, I had this in drafts so thought to post it today. Kerala Style Tomato Pickle is a lovely pickle from Kerala. It has a tangy and lovely taste. I got this recipe, from my friend's aunt. Next we can add tomatoes, salt, vinegar, allow to cooking until the gravy becomes thick.