Andhra Style Munagakaya Pappu/Daal with Drumsticks. How to Cook Tomato daal at home easily Andhra Style Urlugadda Munagakaya Charu Recipe – Potato And Drumstick Gravy. Spicy curry with potatoes and drumstick, the vegetables are cooked in a onion and tomatoes gravy, making for an amazing accompaniment with steamed rice or with Pulka's.
It can be served along with rice and its a popular dish made using drumsticks This curry can often be called as mulakkada curry using tomatoes or munagakaya kura or munagakaya curry in telugu lingo and is called by this. Recipe for Andhra style Palak Pappu. Lentil curry made with spinach, dal and spices. You can cook Andhra Style Munagakaya Pappu/Daal with Drumsticks using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Andhra Style Munagakaya Pappu/Daal with Drumsticks
- Prepare 150 gm of Pigeon Pea Lentils.
- You need 1 of Onion finely chopped.
- You need 3 of Tomatoes finely chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 2 cups of Drumstick pieces.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Tamarind soaked.
- You need 2 Sprigs of Curry Leaves.
- It’s of FOR THE TEMPERING -.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Oil.
- Prepare 3-4 of Dry Red chillies.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of Asafoetida.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of Black Mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2-3 of Garlic cloves sliced.
This is my style of everyday comfort food. Palak dal / pappu, rice and a little drizzle of ghee. Its easy, delicious and we south Indians can have this every single day with rice. Sharing the Andhra way of making mango dal.
Andhra Style Munagakaya Pappu/Daal with Drumsticks instructions
- Wash and soak the lentils in enough water for 4-5 hours. Pressure cook them with chopped onion and tomatoes, turmeric, ginger garlic paste, red chilli powder, a little of salt and curry leaves for almost 6 whistles or as required..
- Let the pressure settle down before opening the lid of the cooker. Mix well and add the drumstick pieces now. You can pressure cook them for 4 whistles if desired. But i prefer them being slow cooked on fire until tender..
- This way the drumsticks get cooked properly and are not mushy at all. If we pressure cook, then the chances are that they might become too soft and over cooked and will not taste good..
- Cover with a lid and simmer until the drumsticks are done. This might take atleast 20 minutes on a medium high heat. Keep stirring in between at regular intervals. Now add tamarind water (which we get by squeezing the soaked tamarind) to adjust the consistency of it to your liking by adding extra water if required..
- Now comes the tempering part. Heat ghee on a low heat and add asafoetida first. Next add all the other ingredients one by one. Let the seeds crackle and the cloves get fried with a nice aroma. Now is the time to add this tempering to the daal. Mix well and it's all ready to be served..
- Serve this yummy, flavourful, aromatic and healthy daal with rice and pickle alongside poppadums for a comfort meal par excellence..
In Telugu this khatta dal or sour dal is called as mamidikaya pappu. here 'mamidikaya' means mango Mamidikaya pappu recipe with step by step pics. There are myriad ways raw unripe mangoes are used in the Indian cuisine. Drumstick Curry recipe – Andhra style vegetable drumsticks cooked in a spicy onion tomato curry. Drumsticks are one of the most commonly eaten Drumstick recipe with potatoes – Drumstick is a pod of the Moringa Oleifera plant or tree. It goes by the names sajjan ki phalli in Hindi, munagakaya.