Brinjal and drumstick curry. Brinjal and Drumstick Curry Recipe – Kathrikai Murungakai Poriyal Recipe – Tasty and Yummy Poriyal. It goes well with steamed rice and can be used as side dish for. Brinjal drumstick curry is so very simple just like any other but this power packed vegetable takes the curry to next level.
Drumstick and brinjal is always a winner combo as we can put either in sambar, Kara Kuzhambu or curry! I love this combination and hence this curry. Once mustard cracks and the dals turn golden brown , add curry leaves and saute for a minute. You can have Brinjal and drumstick curry using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brinjal and drumstick curry
- Prepare 10 of small onion shallots.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 3 of small brinjal (cut like a flower).
- It’s 1/2 of drumstick cut into pieces.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of red chilli powder.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of coriander powder.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 100 ml of tamarind juice (from gooseberry size tamarind with 100ml water).
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of Mustard seeds for seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 tablespoon of fenugreek seeds for seasoning.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of cumin seeds for seasoning.
- Prepare 4 of garlic cloves.
- It’s 100 ml of cooking oil.
Then add onion and fry till it becomes transparent..with Brinjal and drumstick. this is my grandma's recipe. she do it with country vegetable what ever she like, she'll not use coconut or coconut milk to this curry. Lot of preparation in fish bengali, Kerala srilankan, Goan They have list of menu for fish recipes. this tangy spicy curry is not like a regular one. DRUMSTICK, BRINJAL & MOONG DAL CURRY. In Konkani and Maharashtrian cuisine, we often use Drumsticks which are a good source of calcium, iron and vitamins apart from having other health benefits.
Brinjal and drumstick curry step by step
- Put tomato and garlic in a mixer jar and make puree.
- Take a pan add oil to it and once get heat seasoning it with all the seasoning ingredients then add onion shallots (peeled),brinjal,drumstick,turmeric powder fry it for few minutes.
- Then add red chilli powder,coriander powder,tomato purée,tamarind juice,salt then stir well,it starts to boil.
- Once started boiling keep it in a sim manner for 15 minutes,our curry is ready to serve now,transfer it to bowl..
This recipe is a combination of exceptionally nutritious vegetables(raw banana,drumstick and brinjal). During my childhood it was one of my favourite curry from my Mom's kitchen. Whenever i got the chance to cook this , it always brought back all those sweet memories again. Drumstick curry (Drumstick vegetable) – Munakkaya tomato curry. Heat oil in a deep pan.