Drumsticks curry. Drumstick curry or drumstick vegetable recipe made with simple ingredients in south Indian style to serve with rice or roti. Drumstick curry (Drumstick vegetable) – Munakkaya tomato curry. Visit my website for more detail of ingredients and more Indian foods and snacks.
Drumstick or murungakkai is one of my. Drumstick curry recipe – this is one of the most simplest and easiest North Indian curry made with drumsticks. This onion tomato based drumstick curry is thin, light and a bit spicy. You can have Drumsticks curry using 16 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Drumsticks curry
- You need 350 grams of drumsticks.
- You need 2 of potatoes medium sized cut in to small pieces.
- It’s 2 of onion medium sized chopped.
- You need 2 of tomatoes medium sized.
- You need 21/2 tsp of yellow mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 8 of black pepper corn.
- You need 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 8 of garlic cloves.
- You need 1 of big cardamom.
- Prepare 3 tsp of mustard oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 11/2 tsp of Kashmiri red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of amchur (dry mango powder).
- Prepare 2 of whole dry red chillies.
- It’s Pinch of fenugreek seeds.
Drumstick (Moringa) Curry is a simple and a quick recipe made with minimum ingredients and pairs Drumsticks / Moringa also known as Sahjan in Hindi is said to be one of the healthiest vegetables. Drumstick Curry with Coconut Milk recipe with step by step photos. This is my mom's recipe from her treasure box. This Drumsticks Curry is made in traditional Indian way and that too with a coconut milk.
Drumsticks curry instructions
- Firstly take drumsticks cut into medium size pieces and rinse it keep it aside..
- Take potatoes rinse it..
- In a blender jar add cumin, mustard seeds, garlic, black pepper corn, black cardamom coriander seeds & some little water now blend till it fine paste keep it aside..
- Heat the wok with 1tsp mustard oil put drumsticks and potatoes saute till it becomes golden colour on medium flame now transfer in a bowl keep it aside..
- Add remaining oil in same wok add dry red chilli, fenugreek seeds stir it few seconds..
- Add onion saute till it becomes translucent add prepared mixture,turmeric powder, Kashmiri red chilli powder, to taste salt stir and mix it properly on lower flame..
- Cover and cook until becomes spices separates till oil stir in between interval timing because burnt it..
- Add tomatoes saute till becomes massy then add fried veggies mix it properly stir it few minutes on medium flame..
- Add as needed water now cover and cook until becomes tender on lower flame lastly add dry mango powder simmer for 2 or 3 mins on medium flame, now reduce the flame..
- Now it is done you can enjoy with chapati or plain rice..
Drumstick curry is a traditional curry made down south in onion tomato gravy. It can be served along with rice and its a popular dish made using drumsticks called as mulakkada/munagakaya in telugu. Download Drumstick curry stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices. Drumstick Curry is a delicious and tangy gravy recipe which is prepared using a melange of spices. This healthy recipe is high on spice quotient and has a garlicky flavour.