Brinjal drumstick kara kulambu. Even any one of drumstick or brinjal alone. If you dont have sambar powder, you can try with red chilli powder too. Learnt the correct version only after marriage from MIL.
It is prepared by cooking the vegetables in tamarind extract, spiked with a special blend of spice powder. Its is served with rice along with any mild vegetable poriyal or kootu. Chettinad Kara Kuzhambu, Kara Kulambu Recipe. You can cook Brinjal drumstick kara kulambu using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brinjal drumstick kara kulambu
- You need of For kulambu.
- You need 2 tbsp of – gingelly oil.
- Prepare 1 of tsp- cumin seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of – mustard seeds.
- It’s 2 of – brinjal.
- Prepare 1/2 of – drumstick.
- You need 15 of nos -shallots.
- It’s 10 of nos – Curry leaves.
- It’s 2 of – Tomato.
- You need 10 of – Garlic pods.
- You need 1 tsp of – chilly powder.
- It’s 1.5 tsp of – coriander powder.
- You need of As per taste – salt.
- It’s of For Coconut paste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of – cocount.
- It’s 2 tsp of – roasted chana dal.
Here is the video of how to make Chettinad Kara Kuzhambu, Kara Kulambu Recipe. Click the link below to find the recipes on the site that uses the main ingredient as brinjal, drumstick. Yesterday i tried this kara kulambu recipe and served it with raw banana podimas, Everyone loved it a lot. I added drumstick and brinjal in this.
Brinjal drumstick kara kulambu instructions
- Peel the skin from shallots and garlic, finely chop the tomatoes.
- Chop the brinjal and drumstick.
- In a mixer, add coconut and roasted chana dal and grind it into a paste by adding little water.
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 10 minutes and rub the tamarind using your fingers and strain the water in new bowl.
- Now heat oil in the kadai, once the cumin seeds and mustard seeds add it should crackle and shutter as soon as added.add garlic fry it then add onion once it turns translucent add curry leaves then stir it and then add tomato and mix it till the tomatoes are fully cooked.
- Now add the vegetables mix it and then add chilly powder, coriander powder and salt.then add 2 cup water and close it and cook till vegetable gets cooked and then add tamarind water in it..
- And once the kulambu starts to boil then add the coconut mix and let it cook for 3 minutes and switch off the stove.
- Now garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
There are quite a different variation of kara kuzhambu across the country, here i have shared the way we used Here, in this recipe, i have used only drumstick, but you can use other vegetables like brinjal,raw banana or. Kathirikai Murungakkai Kara Kuzhambu, brinjal kara kuzhambu, kara kuzhambu, puli kuzhambu, south indian kuzhambu recipes, easy indian recipes. Kathirikai Murungakkai Kara Kuzhambu- is a thick tamarind based South Indian gravy often served as accompaniment for rice. It is usually made plain or. Super Tasty Drumstick Curry-Drumstick in Mustard Gravy-Drumstick Potato Curry-Drumstick Masala.