Drumstick curry. Drumstick curry or drumstick vegetable recipe made with simple ingredients in south Indian style to serve with rice or roti. Drumstick curry (Drumstick vegetable) – Munakkaya tomato curry. Drumstick Curry is a tasty and easy curry recipe made with drumsticks, Peanuts, and Coconut.
Drumstick or murungakkai is one of my. Drumstick curry recipe – this is one of the most simplest and easiest North Indian curry made with drumsticks. This onion tomato based drumstick curry is thin, light and a bit spicy. · Manglorean Drumstick Curry is a sweet and spicy drumstick and potato curry made the South Indian way i.e. flavoured with coconut and whole spices. You can have Drumstick curry using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Drumstick curry
- Prepare 2 of medium sized tomatoes, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 inch of ginger, chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare Few of curry leaves.
- Prepare Some of coriander leaves.
- It’s Few of medium drumsticks.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of red chilli powder.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of punjabi garam masala or regular garam masala.
- It’s 1 pinch of asafoetida (hing).
- You need 1-1.5 cups of water.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of oil.
- You need As per taste of salt.
This curry has a predominant garlic flavour. A few weeks ago I posted drumstick curry without spiciness which received many compliments. So this time I am going to show you how to make the spicy drumstick curry recipe in Sri Lankan style. Download Drumstick curry stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
Drumstick curry instructions
- Rinse, peel and chop the drumsticks into 3 to 4 inches pieces long. Make a smooth paste without adding any water from tomatoes, ginger and garlic..
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle the cumin first and curry leaves. Then add the ground paste. Be careful when adding the paste. It might splurge. Stir well and then add the turmeric, red chilli powder and asafoetida..
- Saute stirring often till you see oil leaving the sides of the masala. Add the drumsticks and stir so that the masala coats them well..
- Pour water and season with salt. Cover the pan and let the drumsticks cook till they become tender and well cooked..
- They should not break and become mushy. Lastly sprinkle garam masala and stir. Garnish the drumstick gravy with coriander leaves..
Drumstick curry, also known as drumstick palya, is made by parboiling the leaves and then cooking them with spices. The curry recipe I'm going to show you here is very simple. Drumstick Curry with Coconut Milk recipe with step by step photos. This is my mom's recipe from her treasure box. This Drumsticks Curry is made in traditional Indian way and that too with a coconut milk.