Drumstick pickle Andhra Style. Drumstick pickle is made at home few times a year. It pairs well with rice and ghee. Andhra style mulakkada pachadi recipe from my mum.
This video show how to make Yummy, Spicy and Tasty. This is a summer vegetable pickle,a good way of preserving the vegetable in a tasty and spicy way is Pickling. Only care to be taken while preparing Pickles is that not a single. You can have Drumstick pickle Andhra Style using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Drumstick pickle Andhra Style
- Prepare 2 of drumstick/moringa.
- It’s 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds.
- You need 2.5 cups of tomatoes finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1 of Lemon size ball of tamarind.
- You need 1 tsp of Red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chana dal.
- Prepare 1 tsp of urad dal.
- It’s 1 of dry red chilli.
- It’s as needed of Curry leaves.
- You need 1/4 tsp of asafoetida.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare as needed of Oil.
Drumstick rasam is a beautiful thing, really. I have used freshly ground rasam powder to make it and very little else to keep the flavour solely focused on the The base of the recipe is an Andhra-style rasam the recipe of which came from a friend's mom. There's a reason why I am posting the recipe for. You can prepare Maagaya pacchadi with magaya pickle.
Drumstick pickle Andhra Style instructions
- Dry roast fenugreek and make fine powder, it will make nearly 2 tsp of powder..
- Soak tamarind in hot water for 15 minutes and make thick pulp..
- Cut drumsticks in 1.5" pieces and deep fry until almost cooked. Takes around 8-10 minutes..
- In another pan heat up 2 tbsp oil, add chopped tomatoes, turmeric and salt..
- Fry till tomatoes get mushy..
- Add the fried drumsticks and cook for 2-3 minutes..
- Filter and add tamarind pulp in the tomatoes along with chilli powder and powdered fenugreek. Taste to adjust the salt and spices.(make sure that drumsticks are cooked well before you add the tamarind).
- Cook for a few minutes and switch off the flame..
- For tempering heat up oil, add mustard seeds, chana and urad dal..
- When lentils start changing the colour add asafoetida, bits of dry chilli and curry leaves. Fry on low flame till curry leaves turn crisp..
- Add this seasoning to the prepared pickle and mix lightly..
- When cool store in a glass bottle. It can be consumed instantly but will taste much better after 2 days..
You can take a small portion of magaya pickle and grind it coarsely with green chillies and onions. Mix in the curd and give a tempering. The simplest & tested recipe for preparation of traditional Andhra style Avakaya (Hot mango pickle) recipe. Avakaya is a signature recipe in andhra cuisine. Avakaya pickle – Andhra style raw Mango Pickle.