Tomato Drumstick Curry!.
You can cook Tomato Drumstick Curry! using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Tomato Drumstick Curry!
- Prepare 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare 2 of onions (medium).
- Prepare 3 of ripe tomatoes (medium).
- Prepare 2 of large drumsticks.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of mustard.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of zeera (cumin).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- You need 1 sprig of curry leaves (optional).
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s of As per taste Salt.
- You need of As per taste chilli powder.
- It’s of As required Tiny amount of tamarind 🙂 (see pic for quantity).
- You need 2 tablespoons of water (optional).
- Prepare 1 Bunch of coriander leaves (optional).
Tomato Drumstick Curry! instructions
- Heat oil in a pan. Once the oil is hot, add mustard, zeera (cumin), onions, curry leaves, chillies and ginger garlic paste. Add salt so that it lets the moisture out of onions and let them cook well..
- Once onions are translucent, add turmeric and chilli powder and let it cook for a minute for the raw taste to go..
- Add diced tomatoes and tamarind. See pic for how much tamarind I use. Let this cook for 2 mins, with lid on. Add a spoonful of water, if you think the gravy is too dry. This happens if it’s summers and the tomatoes aren’t juicy..
- Add drumsticks to the tomato gravy, mix and put a lid on and cook for 10-12 mins. (May take a little longer if your drumsticks are hard/old). Also, another sign that it’s cooked thoroughly is that the oil should be separated from the gravy..
- Add coriander leaves and tadaaa it’s ready! You can improvise now, and add boiled eggs. Just make sure you give them a few slits before you add them, as the gravy seeps into the eggs..