Drumstick leaves poriyal. Murungai Keerai Recipes – Drumstick Leaves Recipe – Drumstick Leaf Recipe Drumstick leaves / Murungai Keerai poriyal is one among the south indian favourite poriyal. Drumstick leaves poriyal – drumstick leaves recipe – drumstick leaves recipe in. Easy and quick poriyal recipe with drumstick leaves.
Drumstick leaves poriyal – an iron-rich thoran goes well with all rice varieties. Murungai keerai tempered with red chilies and coconut. If you looking for some stir fry recipes, do check here. You can cook Drumstick leaves poriyal using 8 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Drumstick leaves poriyal
- Prepare 2 cups of drumstick leaves.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 3 of red chillies.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mustard seeds.
- It’s as required of Oil.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1/2 cup of grated coconut.
Murungai Keerai (Drumstick Leaves) are an excellent source of protein. We can make poriyal by cooking the Murungai Keerai and saute it with coconut and other spices. How to make drumstick leaves poriyal This is best for lactating mothers.
Drumstick leaves poriyal instructions
- Heat oil in a kadhai. Add mustard seeds, ginger-garlic paste, red chilli saute for 3 mins..
- Add onion saute it until it's colour change..
- Now add drumstick leaves give a mix. Cover with lid..
- Grind the coconut and cumin in a mixer jar. Open the lid add salt cook for 5 min.
- Now you can see the leaves had been cooked well. Add coconut and cumin paste mix well. Serve with dal rice.
But small onions give awesome taste to the poriyal. Drumstick poriyal / Murungai keerai poriyal is an healthy, yummy stir fry recipe that goes well for sambar rice. Recently when I went to Salem, my in-laws got me a bunch of drumstick leaves. In my drumstick leaves dal post, I have mentioned that I have also tried drumstick leaves poriyal. Poriyal is the Tamil word used for sautéed or fried vegetable dish.