Drumstick Curry. Drumstick curry or drumstick vegetable recipe made with simple ingredients in south Indian style to serve with rice or roti. Drumstick curry (Drumstick vegetable) – Munakkaya tomato curry. Drumstick Curry is a tasty and easy curry recipe made with drumsticks, Peanuts, and Coconut.
Drumstick or murungakkai is one of my. Drumstick curry recipe – this is one of the most simplest and easiest North Indian curry made with drumsticks. This onion tomato based drumstick curry is thin, light and a bit spicy. · Manglorean Drumstick Curry is a sweet and spicy drumstick and potato curry made the South Indian way i.e. flavoured with coconut and whole spices. You can have Drumstick Curry using 18 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Drumstick Curry
- Prepare 2 of Drumstick (cut into pieces) / 10 – 15 pieces.
- You need 1 of Onion medium size chopped finely.
- Prepare 2 of Tomato chopped finely.
- Prepare 4 -5 of Green chillies slit lengthwise.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of fennel powder.
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of Cumin seeds.
- It’s 2 of Garlic cloves.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- You need 1 cup of – Thick coconut milk.
- Prepare 11/2 cup of – Water.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of – Oil.
- You need of To Temper.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of – Mustard seeds.
- It’s 2-3 of Dry Red chillies.
- Prepare 1 sprig of Curry leaves -.
- You need 3-4 of Shallots.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of – Oil.
This curry has a predominant garlic flavour. A few weeks ago I posted drumstick curry without spiciness which received many compliments. So this time I am going to show you how to make the spicy drumstick curry recipe in Sri Lankan style. Download Drumstick curry stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
Drumstick Curry instructions
- Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds, finely chopped onions, garlic, green chillies and cook till onions become translucent and lightly browned.Now add in tomatoes and cook till it's done..
- Add turmeric powder, fennel powder. Mix well till the raw smell goes away. Add in drumstick pieces and mix well till the masala gets coated well on the pieces..
- Once the masala gets coated well on drumstick add in 11/2 cup water and salt. Cover and cook for 15 – 20 minutes or until drumstick are cooked and tender..
- Once the drumstick is cooked completely, Add in thick coconut milk and mix well. Cook on low flame till boils appear on the surface..
- Meanwhile heat oil in another pan add in mustard seeds, dry red chillies, curry leaves, shallots. Add this to the drumstick curry..
- Serve warm with rice !!!.
Drumstick curry, also known as drumstick palya, is made by parboiling the leaves and then cooking them with spices. The curry recipe I'm going to show you here is very simple. Drumstick Curry with Coconut Milk recipe with step by step photos. This is my mom's recipe from her treasure box. This Drumsticks Curry is made in traditional Indian way and that too with a coconut milk.