Drumstick Brinjal kuzhambhu.
You can have Drumstick Brinjal kuzhambhu using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Drumstick Brinjal kuzhambhu
- You need 2-3 of drumstick.
- You need 3-4 of brinjal.
- You need 2 of onions.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated coconut.
- It’s 3 tsp of sambhar powder.
- Prepare 1 1/4 cup of tamarind water pulp.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- You need pinch of asafoetida.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of sesame (til) oil.
- You need 2 of dry Chillies.
- It’s 2 tsp of curry leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of methidana/ fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
Drumstick Brinjal kuzhambhu step by step
- Cut drumstick into medium size pieces, cut brinjal into long strips. Chop onions to long strips. Cook the drumstick first and keep aside. Do not overcook the drumstick..
- In a small pan add grated coconut and dry roast it on low flame then add sambar powder and switch off the flame. Then grind this by adding little water to a smooth paste..
- Take a kadai, add sesame oil. As oil turns hot,add mustard seeds, methi, hing, red chillies and curry leaves. Then add chopped onions. As onions turns translucent, add brinjals and let the brinjals get little soft..
- After brinjals are little cooked add the tamarind water.Add turmeric powder and grinded sambar paste to it. Now add drumsticks and adjust the consistency by adding little water. Add required salt to it and allow it to boil on medium low flame till it reaches the kuzhambhu consistency..
- Delicious Drumstick brinjal kuzhambhu is ready to serve with hot rice..