Vendhaya Kali | Fenugreek Balls. Vendhaya kali is a popular traditional recipe made generally when a girl attains puberty or else if she is pregnant. Even in many south Indian houses they. Hello friends, Vendhaya kali is the most healthy breakfast in summer.
Hope you guys enjoyed this recipe 🙂 Please comment below if you have any critiques, reviews, or suggestions for future videos. See recipes for Vendhaya kulambu (Fenugreek gravy), Vendhaya kuzhambu too. Vendhaya Kali – Fenugreek balls – a popular south Indian dish. You can cook Vendhaya Kali | Fenugreek Balls using 3 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vendhaya Kali | Fenugreek Balls
- It’s 2 cups of Par boiled rice (Puzhungalarisi).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Urad Dal.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Fenugreek (Vendhayam).
This healthy recipe is made especially during summer season as it helps to keep our body cool. Vendhaya kali is a popular traditional recipe made generally when a girl attains puberty or else if she is pregnant. Even in many south Indian houses they make it as a breakfast as it very healthy. How to make fenugreek seed curry recipe?
Vendhaya Kali | Fenugreek Balls instructions
- Wash and soak rice, urad dal and vendhayam, in a bowl for at least 2 to 3 hours. Ratio – 4 Cups of rice : 1 cup of urad dal. Here I have taken 2 cup rice so 1/2 cup urad dal..
- First grind urad dal and fenugreek seeds. Do not grind this into a very smooth paste, grind till it is half done. Once urad dal is half done, it's time to add soaked rice..
- Now let us prepare palm jaggery syrup. In a pan add palm jaggery and add little water. [Note: You can also use jaggery instead of palm jaggery.] Once it starts frothing, remove the scum and filter the syrup..
- Take a thick bottom pan and add 2 tbsp of oil and spread it. Remove the ground rice-urad-fenugreek mixture in the same pan. Add 1/2 cup of water to this fluffy mixture !.
- Mix it well and switch on the flame. Keep Stirring ! Slowly add the filtered palm jaggery syrup and keep stirring. Keep Stirring ! Keep Stirring ! to avoid lumps. Note: Entire process must be cooked in low flame !.
- Adjust sweetness according to your taste. Cook till the mixture leaves the sides and comes to halwa consistency. Note: Wet your hands and touch the mixture; If it is not sticky, then it’ is perfect consistency; If it sticks, then cook for some more minutes. Vendhaya Kali is ready !.
Spicy fenugreek seeds curry with coconut milk. If you have never tried spicy fenugreek seed curry recipe, this is the time to give it a try. I am sure you will like it. This fenugreek seed curry also known as Vendhaya. A very cooling and healthy sweet, Vendhaya Kali is a popular treat in villages around Tirunelveli.