Fenugreek dessert. It has an astringent taste and a slight bitterness that many people. Fenugreek seeds are one of the staple spices used in Indian cooking, with a sweet, nutty flavor reminiscent of maple syrup and burnt sugar. Fenugreek is an herb and supplement that has many benefits for your health.
Fenugreek seeds are small, roughly angular, brownish yellow seeds, which have a pleasantly bitter flavour and strong aroma. Fenugreek is native to central and south Asia (predominantly India). It is one of the oldest staple remedial plants with a myriad of benefits. You can cook Fenugreek dessert using 15 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fenugreek dessert
- You need 2 cups of coarse semolina.
- It’s 1 cup of all-purpose white flour.
- It’s half of cup white sugar.
- It’s half of cup vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of anise seeds.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of turmeric.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds.
- You need 1 TSP of black seed.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of instant yeast.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of fenugreek seeds.
- Prepare of for the syrup: 3 cups dark brown sugar.
- You need of for the syrup: one and half cups of water.
- Prepare of for the syrup 1 TSP Orange flower water.
- Prepare of for the syrup juice of half a lemon.
Fenugreek is an herb similar to clover that is native to the Mediterranean region, southern Europe, and Learn more about Fenugreek uses, benefits, side effects, interactions, safety concerns, and. Fenugreek is truly a multi-purpose herb. People from Western Asia and the Mediterranean have used fenugreek for thousands of years to flavor food, improve health, and soothe skin maladies. Fenugreek is an herb that may help to treat diabetes by lowering blood sugar after meals.
Fenugreek dessert instructions
- Soak fenugreek seeds overnight in water covered..
- Next day discard the soaking water. Add fresh water to the seeds and boil over low heat for one hour.
- Keep a cup of the water used for boiling the fenugreek. Allow it to cool to room temperature..
- Allow fenugreek to cool to room temperature..
- Dissolve 3 cups dark brown sugar into one and half cups water..
- Let the syrup boil and reduce till slightly thick..
- Add 1 TSP of orange flower water and the juice of half a lemon..
- Let cool for use later in the recipe..
- In a large bowl,mix the semolina, flour, sugar, yeast and the spices..
- Then add the vegetable oil, fenugreek and the water (kept from boiling fenugreek) into the mixture. Knead well..
- Let the dough rest for one hour..
- Then spread it in a pan covered with 2 tablespoons of tahina..
- Cut the dough into diagonal shapes. Let it rest for another hour..
- Put into 180 degrees oven for 45 minutes till the top is nicely browned..
- Pour on top (while still peeping hot) cold brown sugar syrup..
- Let to rest covered overnight, then serve for breakfast..
You can use fenugreek to help lower blood sugar after meals by taking supplements, adding fenugreek to. Fenugreek is taken by mouth for diabetes, menstrual cramps, high cholesterol, and many other conditions, but there is no good scientific evidence to support most of these uses. Fenugreek seeds, a lesser known spice from the pea family, are often used to enhance flavor in Indian curries, breads, and meats. From easy Fenugreek recipes to masterful Fenugreek preparation techniques, find Fenugreek ideas by our editors and community in this recipe collection. Fenugreek seeds are a natural alternative for several health problems.