Braised Spare Ribs with Galangal. Wuxi spareribs (無錫排骨) is the classic braised Chinese pork ribs famous in Wuxi, a town in Zhejiang province. Stir anise and cinnamon are the main spices for braised Chinese pork ribs, Wuxi style. Clove, however, is omitted in some versions.
Braised Spare Ribs have been well-known dish in China for a long time. What makes them a temptation are their bright color and fragrant scent. Spare ribs can not only provide human body with protein, fat and vitamins which are necessary for physiological activities. You can have Braised Spare Ribs with Galangal using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Braised Spare Ribs with Galangal
- It’s of Spare Ribs.
- It’s of Marinade.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare of Ingredients A.
- Prepare of Chopped shallots.
- Prepare of Chopped garlic.
- It’s of Sliced galangal.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 2 of star anise.
- Prepare of Sauce Ingredients.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 tbsp of dark soy sauce.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
Learn to make these very special Thailand style pork spare ribs with this easy to follow recipe. I start by boiling the ribs in a rich and aromatic broth made with lemongrass, kaffir lime leaf, and galangal root to infuse them with a taste of Thailand, then marinate them in a delicious sauce made with garlic. Pork spare ribs are blanched, before being braised in a sweet, yet sour sauce. The black vinegar used in this sauce, sure packs a punch.
Braised Spare Ribs with Galangal instructions
- Marinate meat for 1 hour..
- Sitr fry Ingredients till aromatic. Add in meat and stir fry for a while..
- Add in sauce ingredients and let the sauce coat the meat. Place everything in a slow cook pot..
- Add in water just cover the meat. Heat up till boiling and lower down heat and simmer for 1 hour till meat is soft. Garnish and serve..
Delicious served with freshly cooked rice. The ribs turned out "tender and slightly sweet with an undertone of the salty caramelized soy sauce." Maybe it's not such a bad thing if spring has yet to In light of the cold and rainy weather in Vancouver, Allen of Eating Out Loud made Chinese braised spare ribs using a mixture of soy sauce and rice. Sour and spicy pork rib soup loaded with lemongrass, galangal, shallots and kaffir lime leaves. Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a non-stick pan or pot. Sauté the garlic, add the pork spare ribs, orange juice, water, oyster sauce, ground pepper, rosemary and simmer until sauce has thickened and meat is.