You can cook Chilly Chili using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chilly Chili
- It’s 2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 1 medium of onion – chopped.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño – finely chopped (remove seeds for less heat).
- You need 1 of small can green chiles.
- Prepare 2 of 26 ounce cans whole tomatoes.
- It’s 2 of 15.5 oz cans dark red kidney beans.
- You need 5 tbsp of Chilly Chili seasoning (on my profile) – adjust to your liking. sometimes I like a little more..
- You need 1 small of can El Pato spicy tomato sauce (Yes, Pato not Paso. El Pato means "the duck".).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of ketchup (optional).
- Prepare 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Chilly Chili step by step
- In a large pot over medium heat crumble and brown ground beef with onion and jalapeño. Season with about 1/2 tsp salt and pinch of pepper..
- While meat is cooking: pour both cans of tomatoes, with juices, into a large bowl. Crush tomatoes by hand to create pieces of varying size for texture (I like to leave some rather large chunks). Drain and rinse kidney beans in colander. When meat is done cooking just drain over kidney beans. Do not rinse again..
- Return meat, beans and tomatoes to pot over medium heat. Stir in green chiles, chilly chili seasoning, ketchup (if desired) and can of El Pato sauce. I find this in the Hispanic aisle of our local grocery store. If you can't find El Pato any small can (or about 1/4 cup) of tomato sauce will do (spicy or not). https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/360431-chilly-chili-seasoning.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Simmer over med, med-low heat for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Stir occasionally. The longer it simmers the better it gets..
- Serve topped with shredded cheddar and sour cream if desired. Goes great with the honey butter cornbread on my profile!.