Tandoori Chicken Dal Curry.
You can cook Tandoori Chicken Dal Curry using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Tandoori Chicken Dal Curry
- Prepare of chicken (bone-in).
- You need of sweet onion (finely chopped).
- You need of green chillies (sliced).
- You need of large potato (peeled & cubed).
- It’s of massoor dal.
- It’s of tomatoes (chopped).
- Prepare of curry leaves.
- It’s of salt.
- You need of coriander seeds.
- It’s of tumeric powder.
- You need of chili powder.
- Prepare of coriander powder.
- Prepare of garam masala powder.
- Prepare of coriander leaves (garnish).
- It’s of lemon juice.
- Prepare of ground cumin.
Tandoori Chicken Dal Curry instructions
- Prep the tomatoes, potatoes, onions, and peppers..
- Heat oil in a large pot (I recommend coconut oil). Add in cumin, let it sizzle. Add in onions, green chillies, and salt. Saute until it gets nice and golden..
- Add in all spice powders and curry leaves. You may substitute 2 tbsp Tandoori Masala powder instead of the Garam Masala, coriander powder, and red pepper. Toss until evenly distributed..
- Add in chicken, potatoes, tomatoes, and dal. For a less traditional take, sear the chicken (in a pan with butter before adding it). Mix thoroughly..
- Add water up to the level in the pot and bring it to a boil..
- Reduce heat and cook uncovered at a simmer for 40 minutes..
- Add the lemon juice. Serve with coriander leaves as a garnish..