Guar Nu Shaak/Cluster Beans Fry/Gavar Ki Subji. Guar is known as cluster beans in English and is a flat bean. It is slightly bitter in taste but has a very unique flavor. I prefer cooking with ajwain (carom seeds) and ginger and garlic.
Serve the guvar nu shaak hot, garnished with chopped cilantro alongside chapati or a bowl of rice. This simple and healthy cluster beans curry is known as Gawar ki sabzi in hindi Guvar nu Shaak in Gujarati and Gawar ki phalli ki Sabzi in Hindi. This step by step photo recipe prepares this curry in traditional Gujarati style and requires using pressure cooker. You can have Guar Nu Shaak/Cluster Beans Fry/Gavar Ki Subji using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Guar Nu Shaak/Cluster Beans Fry/Gavar Ki Subji
- It’s of oil.
- It’s of carom seeds ajwain, crushed between palms.
- It’s of asafoetida hing, skip adding if making glutenfree.
- Prepare of turmeric powder haldi.
- Prepare of coriander cumin powder dhania jeera powder.
- It’s of red chilli powder I have used kashmiri chilli powder.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of cluster beans guar/gavar.
- Prepare of ginger garlic paste.
- You need of water.
- It’s of coriander washed and chopped. Keep some aside for garnishing.
- You need of salt.
Guar Beans Stir Fry makes a healthy lightly spiced side dish, which you can serve up with rice and curry or cooked with meat. My Indian followers will know, that the Guar Beans are commonly used to turn into a tasty curries and today it's a gawar sabzi/gavar bhaji side dish. (Guar Pahli Fry, Kothavarangai Varuval, Cheeni Avarakkai Mezhukkupuratti, Guar ki Sabzi). Cluster beans is also known as Guar Phali or Gawar in Hindi and cheeni avarakkai in Malayalam. It is used in a variety of dishes.
Guar Nu Shaak/Cluster Beans Fry/Gavar Ki Subji instructions
- Wash and chop the cluster beans lengthwise 1/2 inch long. Heat a pressure cooker pan, add oil, add carom seeds (crush carom seeds between palms to give more flavor). When it crackles add asafoetida, turmeric powder, and ginger garlic paste. Saute on low heat for a minute and then add sugar, red chilli powder, coriander-cumin powder. Mix saute for half a minute..
- Add the chopped cluster beans/ guar/ gavar. Mix well. Add salt, coriander leaves and 1/4 cup of water. Cover the pressure pan with the lid with a ring on and put whistle. Cook for 4-5 whistles on high heat and 2 whistles on low heat..
- Let the cooker cool down by itself. Open the lid. Mix the shaak well. It is ready to serve..
- Remove the guar nu shaak in the serving bowl. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with fulka roti, dal, rice and salad for an everyday complete meal..
Gawar ki Sabzi Video Recipe – Cluster beans recipe – Indian Recipes by Bhavna. cluster beans curry for chapathi cluster beans curry Lunch Ideas Dinner Ideas. Music Credits: Carefree Kevin MacLeod (incompetech.com) Licensed under Creative Commons: By Gawar Fali Recipe Gwar Fali Sabzi Cluster Beans Masala Fry – Goruchikkudu Nuvvula Podi Vepudu w/ English. The Guar or cluster bean, with the botanical name Cyamopsis tetragonoloba, is an annual legume and the source of guar gum. It is also known as Gavar, Guwar, or Guvar bean. Guar Beans usually are wealthy method of obtaining proteins, soluble fiber too, along with these, it includes numerous.