Chicken and Veg Javanese Curry. Add chicken, and cook until no longer pink. Add thin coconut milk and the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is tender and the sauce has reduced and thickened.
This simple, vibrant curry, which originates from the Indonesian island of Java, makes a splendid "introductory" curry. It's mild enough for sensitive palates, since it does not include any chiles and the white pepper is optional, and it's super easy to make. Try this Curry Chicken & Veg Stew recipe, or contribute your own. You can have Chicken and Veg Javanese Curry using 25 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken and Veg Javanese Curry
- You need of chicken breast (diced).
- You need of carrots (sliced).
- You need of green peas.
- You need of lemongrass.
- It’s of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare of bay leaves.
- Prepare of salt.
- You need of pepper.
- It’s of sugar.
- It’s of water.
- Prepare of coconut milk.
- You need of cardamom.
- It’s of star anise.
- Prepare of cinnamon stick.
- You need of curry powder.
- It’s of cooking oil.
- Prepare of Grounded spices:.
- It’s of red onion.
- You need of garlic cloves.
- Prepare of red long chili.
- Prepare of ginger.
- Prepare of turmeric.
- You need of cumin.
- You need of coriander seeds.
- You need of candle nuts.
Steam all veggies in pot, seasoning with salt and pepper. A really quick to prepare chicken dish with a lovely coriander flavoured sauce with just a hint of mild green curry spices. Besides, chicken curry is probably the most common type of curry eaten in Sri Lanka and any other part of the world for that matter. Luke Nair, head chef at The Oyster Box Hotel, cooks up a storm for the daily curry buffet.
Chicken and Veg Javanese Curry instructions
- Ground all the grounded spices using a blender..
- Preheat a pot with cooking oil, add grounded spices, stir until well cooked, add lemongrass, kaffir lime leaves, cinnamon stick, bay leaves, star anise, curry powder, salt, sugar, pepper, and cardamom, mix them well..
- Add a water, chicken breast diced, wait until the chicken cooked well..
- Add sliced carrots and green peas, wait until all the vegetables cooked. Stir occasionally..
- Ready to serve with rice or the side..
This chicken and prawn curry recipe is always a favourite – here's how to make it yourself. You can also serve this cottage cheese curry with plain rice or jeera rice or masala rice or. Filtered water, chilli paste, onion, galangal, meat curry powder (Coriander, chilli, cumin, fennel, turmeric, white pepper, cinnamon, black pepper, cardamom, star anise, nutmeg. Simple recipes for Non-vegetarian gravies and curries. Chicken Recipes, Egg Recipes, Fish Recipes, Mutton Recipes, Turkey Recipes, and other Seafood Recipes.