Hungarian Green Peas Pottage. Here comes the traditional finish of the pottage: Mix the milk with the flour and stir it well until it gets smooth. ♡ Note: This is a lighter version of pea pottage but you can also add butter and cream or sour cream to make it creamier and garnish with parsley. ♡ BG. Hungarian green peas stew and fried meatball. Green peas fozelek (thich vegetable stew) and fasirt (fried meatball), hungarian cuisine.
Download Peas pottage images and photos. Green peas pottage (soup) with wiener, egg and toasted bread. Hungarian style string bean pottage, fried sausage. You can have Hungarian Green Peas Pottage using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Hungarian Green Peas Pottage
- Prepare 2 cans of green peas.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of sugar.
- You need 1.5 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- You need 1.5 cup of milk.
- You need 1 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of olive oil for the thickening.
- Prepare 3 tablespoon of flour for the thickening.
Pease Pottage is a small village in the Mid Sussex District of West Sussex, England. It lies on the southern edge of the Crawley built-up area, in the civil parish of Slaugham. The village has a motorway service station, named after the village. A wide variety of canned green peas options are available to you, such as flavor, preservation process, and processing type.
Hungarian Green Peas Pottage instructions
- Fry green peas in 1 tablespoon of oil for a few minutes..
- Add sugar to caramelize it..
- Add water, salt and cook it for 30 minutes if using fresh peas or for 10 minutes if frozen peas..
- Heat up the oil for the thickening and add the flour. Fry it for a couple of minutes until it mix and become a smooth paste..
- Add the milk, sour cream and thickening to the cooked peas and cook it for another 10 minutes. Add some more sugar or salt as per your taste..
The pottage would have been made with whatever vegetables were in season. However, dried vegetables such as peas and beans were often served in Lent; by which time the winter This helped people survive until early spring produce (nettle tips, ground elder and spring greens) began to grow. Download deze Hungarian Green Peas Stew And Fried Meatball foto nu. En zoek meer in iStock's bibliotheek van royalty-free stockbeelden met Avondmaaltijd foto's die beschikbaar zijn voor snel en eenvoudig downloaden..lentil, spinach, green pea, yellow pea, squash, potato, and sorrel (which may seem like an exotic flavor for a pottage, though with its earthy bitter bite, it is vibrant carrot pottage, and newer venues like the pottage bar Hokedli experiment with imported flavors like Thai and Mexican in their pottages. Add stock, bay leaf and mustard powder to the pan and let the ingredients boil.