Turkey Meatballs w/ brown rice & peas over a bed of mixed greens.
You can cook Turkey Meatballs w/ brown rice & peas over a bed of mixed greens using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Turkey Meatballs w/ brown rice & peas over a bed of mixed greens
- It’s 1 of large egg.
- Prepare 6 of crackers or 3 light drops of oatmeal, for hold.
- Prepare of seasonings: garlic salt, lemon pepper, paprika, parsley flakes, & ground red pepper.
- Prepare 1 packages (20 oz) of ground turkey.
- It’s 5 tbsp of butter or margarine.
- You need 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 1 cup of frozen peas.
- Prepare 1 cup of Minute brown rice.
- It’s 1 packages of mixed greens or lettuce.
Turkey Meatballs w/ brown rice & peas over a bed of mixed greens instructions
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Chop half of an onion and half of a bell pepper… for those halves you'll placed one-half aside for meat & the other half for the pan… or you can use a whole onion & whole bell pepper & chop in halves – one section for meat & the other section placed aside.
- Grab a bowl for the ground turkey & mix meat, seasonings, egg, 6 crackers or oatmeal, and chopped onion & bell pepper… mix ingredients & then add more seasonings if preferred.
- Grab a pan that's big enough to hold 10 to 13 meatballs; cover the pan in foil end to end & place 5 Tb of butter or margarine in the pan along with the other portion of chopped onion & bell pepper, & place in oven to melt butter.
- Remove pan as soon as butter is completely melted & place meatballs in the pan (roll meatballs in butter); pan should be covered end to end with 10 to 13 meatballs (or however many desired or able to make), & then sprinkle just enough frozen peas to cover the pan as well end to end… do not need a whole lot of peas just a little; place pan back in oven.
- On the stove top grab a small pot and add 1 cup of Minute brown rice & just enough water to cover the rice but not drowning the rice (if that makes sense) & cook on medium to high heat; will need to watch because when water cooks all the way out, place a lid on the pot & let sit until ready for use.
- One hour & thirty minutes for meatballs to cook (or until they have a crispy-brown like texture) & remove from oven.
- Grab a plate & bed the plate with the mixed greens or lettuce; add a little brown rice over the greens to cover a little bit; place three meatballs in the center of rice to cover, & place peas and onion & bell pepper along the sides for the pretty look (or garnish)… bon apetite.