You can cook Masala Jackfruit using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Masala Jackfruit
- Prepare of Raw Jackfruit (kathal).
- Prepare of Onions, roughly cut for gravy.
- Prepare of Green Chillies.
- Prepare of gram flour / besan.
- Prepare of Ginger (Adrak).
- It’s of Whole Garlic (Lahsun).
- It’s of Asafoetida.
- Prepare of Turmeric Powder.
- Prepare of Garam Masala.
- It’s of Coriander (Dhania) Powder.
- You need of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare of Kashmiri Red Chilli (Lal Mirch) Powder.
- It’s of Some Black Pepper (Kali Mirch).
- It’s of Laung / Cloves.
- You need of Ghee.
- You need of Salt.
Masala Jackfruit instructions
- Cut Jackfruit roughly and wash properly..
- Dust the chopped Jackfruit slices with gram flour,red chilli powder and half tsp of salt,Keep for fifteen minutes..
- In a Kadai, add oil and let it heat. When oil is hot, add the roughly cut pieces of Jackfruit and fry it on medium to high flame..
- Now in the kadai, add 2 tablespoon of ghee and let it heat. When ghee is hot, add cumin seeds, asfoetida, and the roughly crushed masalas and let them splutter. Now add the tomatoes purée roast for about 3 minutes. Now add the ginger, garlic & green chilli paste prepared earlier and cook for about 3 minutes on medium to high flame..
- After 3 minutes, add turmeric powder, coriander powder & red chilli powder. Mix them well, add 1/4 cup water & cook for about 3 minutes on medium flame..
- Now add the fried Jackfruit and mix well with all ingredients..
- Cook for about 3 minutes on medium to high flame by stirring continuously so that the masalas get absorbed in the jackfruit. Now add garam masala & salt as per taste and mix well. Cook for about 1 minute and keep stirring.Now transfer the masala Jackfruit in a bowl and serve hot..