Jackfruit Steamed Pudding. Here you can see how to make a tasty pudding using a jackfruit. Jackfruit pudding made with jackfruit and milk. Welcome to Lusi's Recipes Channel !
Jackfruit can be found at any Asian market. Purchase the "canned in brine" rather than the "canned in syrup" for this recipe. Since it is brined, it should be thoroughly rinsed and patted dry before use. You can have Jackfruit Steamed Pudding using 16 ingredients and 22 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jackfruit Steamed Pudding
- You need of Fruit:.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of butter milk or milk.
- Prepare 1 pound of jackfruit.
- It’s of Dry:.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of whole wheat or regular flour.
- It’s 1 cup of turbinado sugar or light brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s of Base:.
- Prepare 3 of eggs (I use large).
- You need 1/2 cup (1 stick) of butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of bread crumbs (try parmesan seasoned).
- You need 1 tablespoon of Orange zest (or 1 teaspoon Orange flavor).
- Prepare 1 cup of walnuts (optional).
Enjoy this easy to prepare chakka pradhaman recipe. Delicious steamed jackfruit rice cake goes well with tea or coffee. Some fruits tempt me to buy I have already made jackfruit preserve, sweet pudding with jackfruit, in fact two versions or it, one. Chakka Pradhaman is a traditional payasam or pudding of Kerala made with jackfruit.
Jackfruit Steamed Pudding step by step
- Measure out your fresh jackfruit.
- This is what it looks like, seeds have been removed prior to this..
- Chop your jackfruit up, I just pulsed it in my food processor until it was about raisin sized. It was somewhere around 2 cups (give or take) like this..
- Add the milk and jackfruit together, place on a pot on medium low heat to warm it (not cook) through and pull out some of the fruit flavor. About 10 minutes, Do not boil..
- Mix all dry, ingredients together in a bowl, set aside..
- Melt butter.
- Add eggs to a bowl. Wisk them together. Add melted butter while whisking, wisk until frothy..
- Add Orange zest/flavor, whisk in. Add bread crumbs..
- Mix bread crumbs with egg mixture, it will be thick..
- Add fruit milk mixture and stir in. Notice I switched from a wire whisk to a spatula..
- Add dry mixture, stir together.
- If using nuts, add now and stir in. I didn't use any this time, it's very good either way..
- Now it's time to decide how you want to cook it. A pudding mold in a stream bath (what I do) or a Bundt pan in a water bath in the oven. If you are using the oven method, preheat oven to 350 F..
- Oil spray your cooking pan of choice, and spoon the pudding into it..
- Cover the pan with lid, or foil. Pudding mold, I use a Dutch oven with a spacer from my pressure cooker. If using a bundt pan, get a casserole or oven safe pan large enough to put your bundt pan in..
- Add enough water to come up about 2/3 the way, or as much as the pan you are using safely allows..
- If using the pudding mold, bring water to a simmer, cover Dutch oven. For the oven method, place in oven. It maybe safer to add water once it is in the oven..
- Cook for 3 hours. Check water level every so often, add more if required..
- Allow to cool, and remove lid.
- If you had it in the refrigerator to cool, I submerge partially in warm water to warm the mold and loosen the pudding, and invert onto a plate..
- Slice into smallish pieces, it's so dense and moist, this is just the way to do it. (trust me, big is not always better).
- Bare piece, before sauce or whipped cream.
Usually this pradhaman is prepared using chakka varatti (jack fruit jam). I have done this without the chakka varatti. Kumbilappam is an authentic Kerala snack food made from Chakka / Jackfruits cooked with rice These leaves have a special fragrance which when mixed with the jackfruit will definitely stimulate. Now transfer this mix to a kadai. Chakka Pradhaman is a traditional payasam or pudding of Kerala made with jackfruit.