Jackfruit curry(kathal). kathal recipe with stepwise photos. home style delicious curry made with raw jackfruit. its one of those curries that have a homely feeling and taste. kathal curry goes well with rice or chapatis. It usually is a shallow fry curry of jackfruit, vegetables mixed with spices. This is an awesome curry recipe with fantastic flavors.
This masaledar kathal curry or spicy jackfruit curry is prepared with a lot of exotic spices which makes this dish difficult to resist. हिन्दी में पढिये – Raw Jackfruit Curry – Kathal Curry Recipe. Take it out in a serving bowl and garnish with some chopped coriander leaves. Kathal/Jackfruit Curry is a popular homemade dish made all over India. You can cook Jackfruit curry(kathal) using 14 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jackfruit curry(kathal)
- It’s of grm jackfruit (kathal).
- It’s of Potato big chopped in thick slice (optional).
- Prepare of onion chopped in thick slice.
- You need of Garlic.
- Prepare of Ginger.
- You need of Green chilli (as per your taste).
- It’s of Tomato big chopped.
- You need of Mustard oil.
- Prepare of as per taste Salt.
- Prepare of Red mirchi powder.
- Prepare of Turmeric powder.
- It’s of Kitchen king masala or garam masala.
- Prepare of Cumin seed.
- It’s of Coriander leaves chopped.
It is a little difficult to handle because of its hard shell and sticky inside but it has a unique taste and texture. Kathal ki Sabzi – Indian Jackfruit Recipe: a quick, delicious recipe using kathal/jackfruit, aromatic Indian spices, and a few simple ingredients. This is a masaledar kathal ki sabzi with less curry. Jackfruit Kathal Curry – Curry Peel off the thorny skin of the jackfruit.
Jackfruit curry(kathal) step by step
- Chopped the kathal and potato in thick size.
- Heat the oil add 2 tbsp oil then add kathal then shallow fry the kathal until the light golden brown colour.
- After that chopped onion,tomato and peel the garlic and ginger.
- Fry the tomato, onion and ginger and garlic in kadai for 2-3 min in medium flame.
- Then grind it in mixer and make paste of it.
- In same pan add oil then add cumin seed after crackle of cumin seed.
- After that add paste.
- Then saute for 1 min then add red chilli powder, turmeric and kitchen king masala.
- Then saute for another 2-3 min then add fried kathal and salt to taste.
- Then add 2 cup water cook for 5-6 min.
- Gravy thickness depends upon you how much you want thick gravy.
- Then khathal gravy is ready to serve.
- You can garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Enjoy with chapati and plain rice.
- It's taste like chicken gravy.
- Step by step process of khathal curry.
Add a little salt to curd and apply the curd to the jackfruit slices. On a Jackfruit roll with this easy Jackfruit Curry. It is also available online on amazon or Indian stores. Jackfruit is called "Kathal" in Hindi which might be the. Kathal Dry Sabzi crispy fried kathal is then sautéed with onions, tomatoes and a special paste of roasted spices Jackfruit is abundantly available all summer.