Jackfruit Pulled "Pork".
You can have Jackfruit Pulled "Pork" using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jackfruit Pulled "Pork"
- You need 200 g of canned jackfruit, drained.
- You need 3 of yellow onions, sliced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s of (to taste) salt, pepper, cayenne, smoked paprika, cumin.
- You need 3 tablespoons of barbecue sauce (or to taste).
- You need 1 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- You need 3 tablespoons of crushed tomatoes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of brown sugar.
- Prepare 4 of hamburger buns.
Jackfruit Pulled "Pork" instructions
- Heat oil in a pan. Cook onions on medium low for about 10 min, add salt and brown sugar.
- When onions have caramelized, add garlic. Cook for a minute then add the jackfruit.
- After a minute, add 1/4 cup of water. Cover with a lid and let cook for 10 min.
- At this point, the jackfruit will be nice and soft, so you can pull it apart with two forks.
- Place mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Mix in the tomatoes, barbecue sauce and soy sauce. Season with spices listed above.
- Bake for 20min in a 200°C oven, stirring halfway through. To serve, place your pulled pork on a bun along with lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. Enjoy :).