Gudeg Jogja (Slow Cooked Young Jackfruit).
You can have Gudeg Jogja (Slow Cooked Young Jackfruit) using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Gudeg Jogja (Slow Cooked Young Jackfruit)
- It’s 300 gr of young jackfruit (note: DO NOT use the yellow ones).
- Prepare 5 of hard boiled eggs.
- Prepare 300 ml of coconut milk.
- It’s 5 of salam leaves.
- You need 2 of lemongrass stems.
- It’s 50 gr of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of saffron.
- You need of Sweet soya sauce.
- It’s of Spice paste:.
- You need 5 of garlic.
- You need 6 of small shallots.
- You need 3 of candlenut.
- It’s 2 tsp of coriander seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of curcuma.
- It’s 3 spoons of olive oil.
Gudeg Jogja (Slow Cooked Young Jackfruit) step by step
- Put the spices into food processor to make spice paste..
- Wash the young jackfruit and peel the hard boiled eggs. Set aside..
- Heat up oil in a big pan. Turn the heat to medium when the oil turns gold and put in the spice paste..
- Add in bay leaves, lemongrass stems, and coconut milk..
- Turn the heat into low and throw in the young jackfruit and eggs. Add brown sugar, saffron, and sweet soya sauce..
- Slow cook for 2,5 to 3 hours. Taste to correct..
- Serve it with rice, kerupuk, and sambal..