Vendakka Theeyal (Okra/Ladies finger in roasted coconut).
You can have Vendakka Theeyal (Okra/Ladies finger in roasted coconut) using 17 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vendakka Theeyal (Okra/Ladies finger in roasted coconut)
- Prepare 20 nos of ladies finger Vendakka / -.
- Prepare 2 nos of Tomato -.
- You need 1 of Onion -.
- Prepare 2 of Green chillies (optional) -.
- It’s 2 of Curry leaves – strings.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Tamarind gooseberry tamarind – a small size / pulp -.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Chilli powder -.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of Coriander powder -.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Turmeric powder -.
- You need as required of Salt -.
- You need 2 cups of water -.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of cooking oil -.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil -.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of coconut Grated -.
- It’s 4 nos of shallots – / 1/2.
- Prepare 1 of curry leaves – string.
- You need 1 teaspoon of cooking oil -.
Vendakka Theeyal (Okra/Ladies finger in roasted coconut) instructions
- Wash ladies fingers and cut into 1 inch pieces..
- Cut onion tomatoes and slit green chillies.
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a pan then add grated coconut, shallots/onion and curry leaves and fry till coconut becomes golden brown in colour..
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in the same pan or another then add onion, green chillies and ladies fingers and fry till onions become translucent..
- Add chilli, coriander and turmeric powder and saute for a minute..
- Add tomato and tamarind pulp mix well and fry for 1 – 2 minutes..
- Add water and salt mix well then close the lid and allow to cook ladies fingers..
- Grind the roasted coconut mixture to a smooth paste by adding enough water..
- Now add this paste in to the curry and mix well. If the curry is too thick then add a little more water, bring it to boil then switch off the flame. Then sprinkle some coconut oil and curry leaves..