Leek and mushroom tart.. This savory tart is built upon a layer of store-bought puff pastry and topped with goat cheese, fennel, mushrooms and leeks. Remove from oven and spread with mushroom-leek mixture. Fresh leeks, mushrooms, and baby spinach join a ricotta mixture in this easy, savory tart that's perfect for brunch, lunch, or as an appetizer at a party.
How to Make a Leek and Mushroom Tart. Thaw the puff pastry at room temperature according to the package instructions. Cut the white parts off the bottom of the leeks. You can have Leek and mushroom tart. using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Leek and mushroom tart.
- You need of leeks sliced.
- It’s of sliced mushroom.
- You need of milk.
- Prepare of flour.
- It’s of olive oil.
- It’s of eggs.
- You need of salt and pepper.
Slice into pieces and place in a strainer. Make sure to rinse them well in cool water. Mix the bacon, leeks, and mushrooms together. Spoon some of this mixture onto the center of each pastry square.
Leek and mushroom tart. instructions
- Sautee leeks in a frying pan for a few minutes, add mushrooms and sautee until slightly golden..
- In a separate bowl mix together milk, flour, salt and pepper, olive oil and eggs..
- Add above mixture ti the sauteed leeks and mushrooms..
- Pour mixture into a slightly greased pie/tart dish and bake until golden brown..
- You may choose to sprinkle with fresh herbs like parsley , thyme or any other of your choice before serving..
You can serve these tarts as an appetizer or as a light lunch with a fresh green salad. To make the salad, toss mixed salad greens with a finely sliced red onion, walnuts and a dressing of. Leek and wild mushroom tart with cashew cream. My original version of the tart was topped with caramelized onions and greens. I've got to thank Dani of the blog Just Kale Me Now for coming up with the idea of using mushrooms and leeks instead.