Leek and broccoli spelt risotto – vegan. This very simple soup is very easy to make yet very delicious and super fulfilling. Can't imagine that few humble ingredients can make a super yummy dish. Spelt risotto with purple sprouting broccoli and mushrooms.
It doesn't take long to make, risotto is easier than many people think, just follow this recipe and have a little patience and you'll be serving up a warming, hearty dish in no time! The base of the soup is broccoli, leek, and soup but you can add pretty much any vegetable in it. Personally I love adding eggplant, zucchini, and carrots in the soup but anything that can be boiled and blended can go in. You can have Leek and broccoli spelt risotto – vegan using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leek and broccoli spelt risotto – vegan
- You need of For the risotto.
- Prepare of olive oil.
- It’s of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- It’s of garlic, peeled and crushed.
- Prepare of chopped thyme – optional.
- You need of pearled spelt, rinsed.
- You need of stock.
- Prepare of For the leeks and broccoli.
- You need of olive oil.
- Prepare of large leek, sliced.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- You need of small broccoli florets.
Leek And Broccoli Soup – low in fat & carbohydrates, yet really satisfying. This is exactly what I'm after. I love leeks and I love broccoli and it is so easy to transform these two into a nutritious, tasty, satisfying and low carb vegan soup. I am really pleased with it and I sincerely hope you'll give it a try.
Leek and broccoli spelt risotto – vegan step by step
- For the risotto: in a pan, heat the oil and then sauté the onion and garlic and thyme on a low heat for about 10 mins until translucent. Add the spelt and stir for about 1 minute. Start adding the stock about 100ml at a time. The spelt takes about 25mins to cook – it should be tender but still with a bite. You don’t need to stir all the time..
- For the leeks: In another pan, heat the oil on a low- medium heat. Add the leeks. Put a lid on the pan and cook the leeks for about 10 mins until soft. Stir occasionally. When they are ready, squeeze the lemon juice over them..
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli..
- Season the risotto and fold the leeks and broccoli through. Taste for seasoning and lemon – add more if needed. Stir some (veggie/ vegan) parmesan through if you have any. Enjoy 😋.
Add the spelt, coat in the oil, stir in the wine and cook until reduced by half. Pour in the wine and keep stirring until it is absorbed. Wild mushroom risotto is a great vegan weeknight meal. This healthy version of the Italian classic is gluten-free, vegetarian and finished with chives. I picked leek and tenderstem broccoli as my base veggies for this recipe.