Leek fritters. The natural sweetness of leeks, with their soft, oniony aroma, makes them the perfect winter comfort food. The creamy sauce, full of herbs and zest. I made leek fritters one day on a whim, since I'm a little obsessed with leeks.
The main ingredient for that one is courgette/zucchini. These leek fritters have a wonderful yellow color coming from turmeric. Yes, I've found a new recipe I came up with the idea of these Leek Fritters with Carrot and Turmeric when I was thinking of a good. You can have Leek fritters using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leek fritters
- Prepare of large leek.
- You need of oil.
- Prepare of garlic.
- You need of flour.
- It’s of Salt & pepper.
- You need of egg.
- It’s of milk.
Any excuse is good enough reason to enjoy these simple leek fritters. Not much more than leeks In this recipe, I've actually synthesized a couple different traditions. In my family, the leeks are boiled. Recipe by: Adapted from a recipe on The Victory.
Leek fritters step by step
- Slice leek lengthways, wash, and slice crossways into small pieces..
- Fry in a pan with the oil on a medium heat for 5min and remove to a bowl to cool.
- Finely chop the garlic and add to the cooled leeks along with seasoning and the flour. Mix well.
- Beat the egg with the milk and add to the leeks..
- Spoon mixture onto an oiled frying pan and cook both sides until browned..
- Serve with a fried egg and some hot sauce..
This week I have a recipe for Leek and Zucchini Fritters that are topped with an oozy poached egg and sweet, oven-roasted. Be the first to review this recipe. Pour half the olive oil in a medium pan and cook the shallots and leeks on a. Place in a medium size bowl and. Cook's notes: the fritters can be made ahead of time and reheated on a baking tray in a single layer.