Super Tasty Leeks and Asparagus. A simple to follow asparagus and leek soup recipe with our step by step video. A healthy soup using ingredients that harvest in season together. Asparagus and leeks are both available in April and May when there is little else ready for eating.
I tried a different way to cook the eggs by steaming the eggs. Atkins welcomes you to try our delicious Asparagus and Leek Soup recipe for a low carb lifestyle. Get started by browsing our full list of ingredients here. You can have Super Tasty Leeks and Asparagus using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Super Tasty Leeks and Asparagus
- You need 100 g of fresh green asparagus.
- Prepare 2 of triangle cream cheese.
- You need 50 g of curd.
- Prepare 50 g of fresh cheese cream with herbs.
- You need 1 tbsp of store bought pesto genovese.
- Prepare 50 ml of the juice of store bought cucumbers in sweet vinegar.
- It’s of Fresh basil for garnish.
- It’s of Oil for frying.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- It’s of Greens of one leek.
Melt butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Clean leeks and dice the white and some of the green top. Add the leek, asparagus and peas to a pan of boiling, salted water. Top tip for making Leek, asparagus and pea pasta.
Super Tasty Leeks and Asparagus step by step
- I peeled and boiled the asparagus in salted water and sautèd the chopped leek greens in oil with a pinch of salt. When the onions were soft and ready, i transferred the asparagus also to the pan.
- I mixed the white sauce: i mixed curd, fresh cheese with herbs, triangle cheese and the liquid from the sweet vinegar cucumber.
- I served the asparagus, the leek and the white sauce, garnished with genovese green pesto and fresh basil.i did fry my filled pancakes the day before in this oil, and maybe this gave a special flavor for the oil, anyhow, the leek turned out FANTASTIC.
You can use chard or spinach leaves instead of the greens,if you like. Top each portion of veggies with some of the scallops. If a rich pan sauce is desired The asparagus was cooked to perfection, the aroma of the leeks and herbs was infused throughout the whole dish, and the scallops were juicy, tender, and tasty. Drain and cover to keep warm. Add lemon mixture, pasta, and asparagus to skillet with leeks and toss to combine.