Leeks and Potatoes. I like to combine potatoes and extra veggies when roasting potatoes. The starchy vegetable needs a little extra aroma on the pan. Adding garlic, onion, or in my case LEEKS, really enhances the flavor.
Little red potatoes are steamed and mixed with a buttery mixture of leeks and parsley. Elevate your weeknight or 'company' dinner by adding leeks and fresh parsley to buttered potatoes! This leek and potato soup recipe is easy and delicious. You can have Leeks and Potatoes using 25 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Leeks and Potatoes
- It’s of Meat and vegetables.
- Prepare of large leeks.
- Prepare of large carrots.
- It’s of potatoes.
- You need of chicken breast boneless and skinless.
- It’s of water.
- It’s of Precooked extras.
- Prepare of macaroni and cheese see my recipe.
- You need of mashed potatoes see my recipe.
- Prepare of Spices.
- Prepare of mustard powder.
- You need of granulated garlic powder.
- You need of salt and ground black pepper.
- It’s of parsley flakes.
- It’s of Meatballs.
- It’s of grated Parmesan cheese.
- You need of ground sirloin.
- You need of salt and pepper.
- It’s of Thickener and frying.
- It’s of oil to shallow fry in.
- Prepare of butter.
- It’s of flour.
- You need of extra virgin olive oil.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- It’s of salt.
Of the winter soups, leek and potato is one of the most comforting and familiar – and Darina Allen's makes the most of seasonal, local veg. Scatter one-quarter of leeks over potatoes. Add the leeks to the potatoes, and using the same pan in which you cooked the leeks, scrape up the brown bits at the bottom of the pan with a mix of cream, garlic, thyme and nutmeg, pouring that over. A smooth, creamy leek and potato soup that's full of flavour.
Leeks and Potatoes instructions
- Boil the chicken in water. Slice the carrots and leeks on a bias. Cut the chicken, when done, into manageable pieces and add back to the water..
- Add the leeks and carrots, then add the spices. Stir well..
- Simmer covered and slice the potatoes and fry them. Fry till just turning golden brown remove from the oil. Put on a paper towel to absorb excessive amounts of oil. Season with a little salt..
- Mix the ground sirloin with the salt and pepper. Add in the cheese and mix well. Make little meatballs and fry till crispy on the outside..
- Turn as needed I did 2 batches. When crispy add right in to the leeks..
- When all the meatballs are in add the fried potatoes. Simmer covered 20 minutes. Add the mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese. Stir well..
- Add salt and pepper to the butter and melt in the microwave. Stir in the flour and olive oil..
- Pour this thickener into the leeks and cook. Stirring constantly till thickened and the flour has cooked for about 10-12 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes give it a good stir and serve. I hope you enjoy!!!.
Make it into a meal with plenty of bread and butter. These Leek and potato patties make delicious appetizers or an ideal side dish to accompany many meat dishes. Add the potatoes to half of a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Season with salt, pepper Remove the baking sheet from the oven, toss the potatoes, then spread the leeks and lemon zest in. Peel and slice the potatoes into very thin rounds.