Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps. Jump on the pho trend with these healthy lettuce wraps, packed with beef protein and flavors of chile peppers, basil, onions, and Asian chili sauce. To serve, divide shredded meat among lettuce leaves. Top with radishes, basil leaves, green onions, and the remaining jalapeño peppers.
Place the noodles in the center of two bowls. Top with the sliced onions, jalapenos, and steak. Serve the steak in lettuce leaves with desired toppings and the remaining marinade. You can cook Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps
- It’s of beef flank steak.
- Prepare of coarsely chopped onions (2 large).
- Prepare of water.
- Prepare of fish sauce.
- You need of sugar.
- It’s of rice vinegar.
- It’s of fresh jalapeno chile peppers finely chopped.
- You need of chinese five-spice powder.
- Prepare of large lettuce leaves, swiss chard or napa cabbage leaves.
- You need of shredded radishes.
- You need of fresh thai basil leaves.
- You need of green onions, thinly sliced diagonally.
- You need of lime juice.
- You need of Sriracha sauce (optional).
Toppings: matchstick carrots, bean sprouts, sliced waterchestnuts, sliced green onions, fresh cilantro leaves, steamed white rice. Filled with lean flank steak, cilantro and mango, these healthy and refreshing lettuce wraps are savory and delicious. Lettuce Wraps are a fun way to change up your dinner routine. Adults and kids will have a blast filling up their own single serving wraps just like at their favorite Asian restaurant.
Pho-flavor flank steak lettuce wraps step by step
- Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into 2 inch pieces. Place meat in a 3&1/2 or 4 quart slow cooker. Top with onions. In a medium bowl combine the water, the fish sauce, sugar, vinegar, the five spice powder, and half of the jalepeno peppers. Pour over mixture in cooker..
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 5 to 6 hours or on high heat setting for 2&1/2 to 3 hours..
- Remove meat from cooker, reserving cooking liquid. Transfer half of the meat to an air tight container or freezer container; cover and chill or freeze for another use. Shred or chop the remaining meat; transfer to a medium bowl. Strain cooking liquid. Stir enough of the strained liquid (about 1/4 cup) into shredded meat to moisten..
- To serve, divide shredded meat among lettuce leaves. Top with radishes, basil, green onions, and the remaining jalepeno pepper. Drizzle with lime juice. Roll up lettuce leaves. If desired serve with asian chili sauce..
These Chili Lime Steak Lettuce Wraps are a fun Mexican twist on this popular Chinese takeout item. Chicken lettuce wraps are classic, but you will really enjoy putting steak, pork, even vegetables between the delicate lettuce leaves. Chicken lettuce wraps are an adventurous way to introduce new flavors and cuisines to your table of eaters. They're a lot like tacos—handheld and highly. Flank Steak Lettuce Wraps. from Healthy Gourmet.