Rotini with sausage, fennel, mushrooms and lemon. Heat the olive oil in a large heavy pot or Dutch oven, such as Le Creuset, over medium heat. Stir in the broccoli, chicken broth, lemon juice, salt, and black pepper. Brown onion, green pepper and sausage and drain.
Trim fennel bulbs, and set aside fronds. Slice thinly with a mandoline or very sharp knife. I've swapped in other meats—such as chicken sausage, veal or ground pork—and added in summer squash, zucchini, green beans and mushrooms, depending on what's in season. You can have Rotini with sausage, fennel, mushrooms and lemon using 8 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rotini with sausage, fennel, mushrooms and lemon
- It’s 3 of Italian sausages, casings removed.
- Prepare 350 g of button mushrooms, sliced 1/2 cm thick.
- Prepare 3 cups of dry rotini noodles.
- You need 3 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- It’s 1 of fennel bulb, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- It’s 1 handful of fennel fronds.
Also, fresh herbs really perk up the flavors. —Kim Forni, Laconia, New Hampshire Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Grill whole bell peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, and vegan sausages on a fire-loaded BBQ until slightly charred. Then slice up the peppers, dice the mushrooms, and crumble the grilled sausages! Crumble and sauté the sausage stove-top until browned and slightly crispy in texture.
Rotini with sausage, fennel, mushrooms and lemon instructions
- Put a large pot of salted water on high heat. Crumble the sausages into a large pan on medium-high heat. You shouldn't need oil as the sausages will release fat as they cook. Let them fry slowly until they're about half-cooked (about 3 or 4 minutes)..
- Add the mushrooms to the pan and continue cooking until the mushrooms release their water, about another 3 to 4 minutes. Your pot of water should be boiling by this point, so drop the noodles in..
- Add the garlic and fennel bulb to the pan. Continue frying, stirring occasionally, until the meat and mushrooms are caramelized and the fennel slightly softened, about 5 minutes. If your rotini isn't cooked yet, turn the pan down to low while you wait..
- Once the noodles are cooked, transfer them to the pan with a slotted spoon (so that you get just a bit of pasta water with each spoonful). Add the butter and squeeze in the lemon juice, then toss to combine. Add salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste. Use kitchen shears to snip the fennel fronds into the pasta, then serve with a generous snow of freshly grated parmesan cheese..
We didn't make the pasta for this sausage and mushroom pasta recipe, that will come at some future time. The sauce however was all Scott's. Add the orecchiette and cook according to package instructions. Italian sausage and mushroom risotto is a fantastic dish that comes together quick enough to make it for a weeknight meal, but good enough to impress your weekend friends. Add butter; whisk until just melted.