Mushroom Masala. Mushroom Masala is a versatile dish that packs in a burst of flavors from earthy mushrooms, tart tomatoes, and aromatic spices. The intense flavors are balanced with easy homemade cashew cream. Mushroom masala is a delicious Indian curry made with mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, spices & herbs.
We love the restaurant style dishes with smooth & rich gravy that are flavor packed. This mushroom masala is one such dish which is loved each time in my home. Mushroom masala recipe with step by step pics – delicious Punjabi style mushroom masala curry recipe. You can have Mushroom Masala using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Mushroom Masala
- You need 400 grams of roughly chopped white mushrooms.
- You need 2 of medium size finely chopped onions.
- Prepare 1 cup of crushed tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- Prepare 2 of green chillies chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of kasuri methi.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garam masala.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of salt.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 2 tbsp of canola oil/cooking oil.
- You need 1.5 cups of water.
- It’s 4-5 tbsp of table cream.
This is an Easy recipe of white button mushrooms in an onion-tomato based medium spiced gravy. I use this mushroom curry recipe as base for making mushroom masala or paneer masala. A simple yet popular dish on every Indian restaurant menu is the mushroom masala. This simple, easy and effortless recipe for mushroom curry is lightly spiced with Indian spices in a creamy melt in the mouth tomato-yogurt gravy.
Mushroom Masala step by step
- In a wok take oil. After oil is hot add cumin till it crackles. Add bay leaf and cinnamon stick..
- Add onions and saute till translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute..
- Now add crushed tomatoes and cook until the oil separates..
- Add in all the spices and cook for a minute. Furthermore add mushrooms and mix well..
- Add water, cover and cook until mushrooms are done..
- Add cream and mix well. Turn off the stove..
- Garnish with kasuri methi and serve hot with rotis..
Mushroom Masala is a classic Indian dish that is warming, comforting and flavourful. Follow the step-by-step photos to easily make Mushroom Masala Recipe. We can make many variations of mushroom masala curry by tweaking a few ingredients and spices. In today's recipe of mushroom masala, sliced mushrooms are sauteed before being simmered in a subtly spiced, creamy sauce that has an absolutely addictive flavor. Basically we begin by browning chopped onions, minced ginger, garlic and green chilis.