Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup.
You can cook Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup
- You need 3 Tbsp. of Butter.
- You need 1/4 cup of flour.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk, half-and half, OR heavy cream.
- It’s 1 cup of cooked chicken, minced.
- It’s 1 can (14 oz.) of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped mushrooms.
- Prepare Pinch of dried Thyme (optional).
Homemade Cream of Chicken & Mushroom Soup instructions
- You can successfully make this soup in less than 10 minutes from pantry items and a couple refrigerated stables… Start by melting 3 tablespoons butter over a medium heat. Once melted sprinkle with 1/4 cup flour and whisk until smooth. This is going to be a roux not a gravy, so take it easy with measuring the flour, no heaping or packing here..
- Once the flour has absorbed the butter add the milk. Whisk, whisk, whisk. Once the roux thickens add the chicken broth, and you guessed it, whisk..
- Now because everything else we are adding is cooked and just needs to be brought up to temperature turn the heat to medium-low. Add the minced chicken (this can be canned, rotisserie, leftover, white meat, dark meat, chicken you cooked just because you wanted to make soup… Chicken). Then add the chopped mushrooms. I like using the ugly little canned mushrooms for this soup because it keeps soup prep to less than ten minutes. Stir! You thought I was going to say whisk didn't you…..
- I dished my little ones first then added Thyme for my bowl. I hope you enjoy!.