Blue Mushroom Soup. Mushroom soup is simply soup made with mushrooms. They'll always be a focus of the recipe whether they're grilled, sautéed, or boiled. Other ingredients may include all manner of spices, meats.
View top rated Mushroom blue cheese soup recipes with ratings and reviews. Blue Cheese And Bacon Soup, Blue Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms, Caramelized Onions, Blue Cheese And Wild… Homemade Mushroom Soup Blue Plates Parsley Stuffed Mushrooms Cream Chowder Stuff roasted cauliflower and garlic soup with caramelized onions Make the most of mushrooms with this comforting mushroom soup recipe made with cream, onions and garlic. You can cook Blue Mushroom Soup using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Blue Mushroom Soup
- You need 4 T. of Butter.
- You need 1 of med. Onion, minced.
- It’s 4 of lg. Garlic cloves, minced.
- You need 1.5 lb. of Mushrooms, sliced.
- Prepare 1 T. of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1/4 c. of Flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp. of Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp. of Thyme.
- You need 1/3 c. of Sherry.
- You need 6 c. of Chicken stock (or veg. stock).
- It’s 1-1/3 c. of Heavy cream.
- You need 1/4 c. of Blue cheese, crumbled.
Serve for lunch or as a starter with crusty bread. Mushroom cream soup with potatoes on blue bowl Mushroom soup of champignons and lentils in a white plate on a light blue background. This recipe was inspired by an Okinawan soup recipe made for us by Kae Izena, who owns a cooking school on Okinawa. Mushrooms are a prized ingredient on the island since they add a deep.
Blue Mushroom Soup step by step
- In large soup pot over medium heat, melt butter and stir in onions. Cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute longer..
- Add mushrooms, Worcestershire, and seasonings. Cook, stirring occasionally, 10-12 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and stir to coat the mushrooms. Cook 2 more minutes, stirring..
- Stir in the sherry. Cook, stirring frequently and scraping brown bits from bottom of pan, until liquid reduces about half (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the stock and cook 20 minutes..
- Remove most of the mushrooms, with some soup liquid, into a container to blend. (I used a 6 cup glass measuring cup.) Puree with an immersion blender until smooth, then stir the puree back into the soup..
- Add the cream, blue cheese, and nutmeg and stir until incorporated and cheese is melted..
- Remove from heat and serve. Enjoy!.
- * Makes about 10 appetizer-size servings; 5-6 meal-size servings.
Soup: it's not just for the cold months. Sure, a rich and heavy cream-based soup might not be what you think of on those warm summer nights, but a tasty broth, filled with complex flavors of herbs and. These useful spices can be used to cook so many different meals! It's made with hearty cannelini beans, butternut squash, mushrooms, tomatoes, herbs, and a little kale wilted in at the end. It's the perfect "cozy up on the sofa and start a new TV show" (we just started.