You can have Marinated Mushrooms using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Marinated Mushrooms
- It’s 1 pound of button mushrooms (white or cremini are fine), bigger ones cut in halves or quarters, depending on how big.
- It’s of For marinade:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of minced shallots.
- It’s 2 cloves of garlic, cut into 1/8" slices.
- It’s 1.5 teaspoons of sugar.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of whole black peppercorns.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes.
- You need 1 of bay leaf.
- It’s 3/4-1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- You need 3 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley leaves.
Marinated Mushrooms step by step
- In a large saucepan (or similar sized pot) bring 4 cups of water to a rolling boil, then dissolve 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon kosher salt in the water and then add mushrooms..
- Let mushrooms cook for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Their volume will decrease by about a third..
- Drain mushrooms and leave to cool while you prepare the marinade..
- In a mixing bowl, add all marinade ingredients (starting at the lower end of the measurements) except olive oil and parsley and stir or whisk until all salt and sugar are dissolved. Taste the mixture and adjust seasoning if desired..
- Add olive oil and parsley and stir or whisk to combine..
- Pack mushrooms in an airtight jar or container (I used a 16 oz. mason jar) and add marinade. Then use a spoon to press down and distribute the marinade ingredients more evenly..
- Refrigerate at least 8 hours and up to 5 days. Serve at room temperature. Enjoy!.