Pan Seared Chicken with Mushroom & Herb Sauce.
You can cook Pan Seared Chicken with Mushroom & Herb Sauce using 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Pan Seared Chicken with Mushroom & Herb Sauce
- It’s 2 of Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts.
- It’s 8 oz of Package of Mushrooms (I used White Button).
- You need 1 of Small Yellow Onion Diced.
- Prepare 3 of Garlic Cloves Minced.
- You need 2 Cups of Chicken Broth (Low Sodium preferably).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Fresh Thyme Leaves Chopped.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Fresh Parsley Chopped.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Butter.
- You need to Taste of Salt & Pepper.
Pan Seared Chicken with Mushroom & Herb Sauce step by step
- Start by prepping all your ingredients and heating a large skillet over medium heat..
- Salt and Pepper your chicken on both sides..
- Once pan is hot add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Give the pan a swirl to coat and then add your chicken..
- Sear chicken on both sides until golden brown (about 5 minutes per side.) Don't worry if your chicken isn't cooked all the way. It's going to finish cooking in the sauce later. Once brown on both sides remove chicken from pan and set aside..
- Turn heat down to medium low..
- Next add the tablespoon of butter along with the onions. With a wooden spatula stir and scrape the brown bit from bottom of pan. Let this cook down until the onions are soft and just starting to turn golden. Stir in the garlic and let this cook for just another minute or two..
- Once the garlic starts to soften then stir in your mushrooms and herbs. Then add the chicken broth. Bring to a simmer..
- Place your chicken back in pan and cook at a simmer for about 30 minutes partially covered. Sauce should reduce and chicken should be cooked through. *NOTE Chicken is done at 165 degrees Fahrenheit..
- I served this up with a simple side of roasted asparagus..
- Any leftovers make for a great chicken and rice dish (I'll be sharing that later on.).