Crab and Shrimp Salad in Belgium Endive Leaves. View top rated Crab salad in endive leaves recipes with ratings and reviews. How to make shrimp salad with a dressing made of sour cream, mayonnaise and lots of fresh Jump to the Herbed Shrimp Salad Recipe on Endive Spears or read on to see our tips for making. I love the look and taste of it with endive leaves.
Sliced the inner leaves of the endive in thin slices. Crumble the crabmeat (if using fresh Pour the dressing into the salad bowl with the crabmeat and toss well to blend thoroughly. Arrange on a serving platter and garnish platter with ripe cherry. You can cook Crab and Shrimp Salad in Belgium Endive Leaves using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Crab and Shrimp Salad in Belgium Endive Leaves
- Prepare 8 oz of lump crab meat.
- You need 8 oz of small cooked shrimp.
- You need 1 tbsp of minced onion.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped celery.
- Prepare 1 of FOR DRESSING.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of mayonnaise.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sour cream.
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of sriracha hot sauce or your favorite hot sauce.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dijon mustard.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper and salt to taste.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped fresh parsley.
- It’s 1 of FOR GARNISH.
- It’s 4 of strips crispy cooked bacon, crumbled into pieces.
- It’s 1/2 cup of chopped fresh tomato, seasoned with salt and pepper.
- Prepare 2 head of of belgium endive leaves separated.
This recipe came from an estate sale. Arrange endive spears on pretty platter. Crab Salad Crab Recipes Salad Recipes Shellfish Recipes Appetizer Cocktail Party Recipes for Parties Wedding Recipes Recipes for a Crowd Gluten Free. Just before serving, spoon the crab salad onto endive leaves & arrange on a platter.
Crab and Shrimp Salad in Belgium Endive Leaves step by step
- Combine crab, shrimp, celery and onion gently in bowl.
- Make dressing by combining all dressing ingredients in another bowl and whisk well to combine. Pour dressing over crab mixture and very gently fold to mix together..
- Spoon salad into each leaf, the amount will depend on the size of each leaf place on platter or plates, sprinkle with bacon. Have the chopped, seasoned tomatos on a bowl for anyone to scoop a bit on before eating.
- NOTE, Belgium Endive holds up and really tastes great in this recipe but it can be seasonal so subsitute with a firm romaine leaf if you can not find it..
Belgian endive leaves, preferably red, or mini Little Gem lettuce leaves, to serve (I used green belgian endive, as that's all I could find). This endive salad recipe is made with sliced Belgian endives, a nice aged cheese like comte/gruyere/emmental, fresh parsley, and red wine vinaigrette dressing. Belgian endives are a chicory leaf salad vegetable; they have an oval shape and a pale yellow/white color. Crab is pricey, but a little goes a long way here, and these elegant appetizers will upgrade any holiday party. Put together the crab salad in the morning, so all you have to do is plate and garnish before your guests arrive.