Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce. Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce – pork meatballs in a delicious creamy mushroom sauce served over mashed potatoes. The meatball recipe I used here is my go to recipe; pork, eggs, breadcrumbs, a chopped onion, a bit of buttermilk, a bit of hot sauce to kick it up a notch. In a large bowl, combine the first four ingredients.
Combine sauce ingredients; pour over meatballs. These meatballs with a homemade, made-from-scratch mushroom sauce are for the mushroom lovers out there! The real star of the dish is fresh mushrooms with the added zing of truffle oil to bring that mushroom flavor over the top! You can cook Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce
- It’s 250 gr of grounded beef.
- It’s 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- It’s 1 tbsp of homemade mild rub — https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/2667371-mild-homemade-rub.
- You need 50 gr of mozzarella, cubed.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oil.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 cup of broth.
- It’s 1/2 of onion, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 125 gr of button mushrooms (champignon), sliced.
- You need 1 tbsp of chopped celery.
The mushroom sauce is so simple and fast to make it will help make dinner easy to whip up. You will love this creamy mushroom sauce that goes with the turkey meatballs! It's made with mushrooms, shallots, garlic, white wine and milk. Make this sauce in the same pan as the meatballs for the best flavor!
Meatballs with Mushroom Sauce step by step
- Mix ground beef, breadcrumbs, egg, and homemade mild rub. Knead a bit. Form a ball and insert mozzarella inside. Seal it. Do it with the remaining of the mixture. I'd like to store them in the fridge for about 15 minutes, but you can skip this part if you're in a hurry..
- Heat oil in a pan (medium). Add the meatballs and flip them around occasionally until the surface is brown. Remove them from pan and set aside..
- Lower the heat. Add butter to the pan, then flour. Mix until it becomes a roux, adding broth bit by bit until you get a thick mixture..
- Add the onion. When the onion has become a bit translucent, add mushrooms, then celery..
- Add the meatballs to the pan and cover for five minutes or so..
I like to saute the mushrooms and shallot in melted butter for even more flavor. Add mushroom and onions and sauté until soft. Add meatballs and simmer until heated through. Creamy Mushroom Sauce with Italian Meatballs is a popular post that we posted two years ago. Ironically we are at Saint Simons Island and we are preparing to leave.