Mushroom with Wild Rice Soup. Wild rice and a mix of mushrooms are simmered until tender in a savory, creamy base infused with herbs and a touch of wine to make this scrumptious vegan wild rice soup. Occasionally I'll go through a period of a couple weeks, look back on the recipes I've posted, and realize that every single one of. Creamy Mushroom Wild Rice Soup made in the Instant Pot!
For more information on my Affiliate and Advertising Policy, please click here. I can pretty much live on soups. Loaded with wild rice, mushrooms, carrots, leeks, and kale! You can have Mushroom with Wild Rice Soup using 22 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Mushroom with Wild Rice Soup
- It’s 4 cups of water.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of thyme.
- It’s 1 of bay leaf.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, smashed.
- Prepare 1 cup of wild rice.
- It’s 4 Tbsp of fat or oil.
- You need 1 of onion, diced.
- You need 1 lb of cremini mushrooms, rinsed and sliced.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 oz of dried shiitake or porcini (about 1/2 loosely pack cup).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of paprika.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of sherry or brandy.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken stock.
- You need 1 Tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of corn starch.
- You need 1/2 cup of cream.
- You need 2 of green onions, slices.
- You need 1 tsp of lemon zest (optional).
Plus, the wild rice keeps you cozy and full all night long. Instant Pot Wild Rice Mushroom Soup – Vegan, Good for you, Perfect for Winter and is just what everyone needs in Start of the New year. Creamy vegan wild rice soup recipe with mixed wild mushrooms. I may receive commissions for purchases made through those links at no additional cost to you.
Mushroom with Wild Rice Soup step by step
- In the pressure cooker combine the water, salt, baking soda, thyme, bay and garlic and bring to a boil..
- Add the rice..
- Pressure cook at high pressure for 30 min..
- Heat the fat in a heavy pot over high heat. Add the diced onion..
- Begin roughly dicing the mushrooms and add to the pot as you cut them. They will release their liquid as they cook..
- Weigh your dried mushrooms out if you have a scale..
- Grind the dried mushrooms in a spice grinder.
- Continue cooking the mushrooms on high heat until the majority of liquid is reduced (10-15 min). Add the garlic and tomato paste..
- Continue cooking until a light fond begins to develop on the bottom of the pan (4-5 min)..
- Add the dried mushroom powder, and paprika to further dehydrate the mixture..
- Reduce heat to medium and continue cooking until a dark fond develops (2-3 min)..
- Deglaze the pan with the sherry..
- Add the stock and the soy sauce to the pot..
- By this time the rice should be finishing. Instant pressure release the rice..
- Drain the rice reserving the liquid. Set the rice aside and add enough water to the strained liquid to make 3 cups. Add the liquid to the soup..
- Bring the soup to a low boil and cook 20 min uncovered..
- Mix the starch with 1/4 cup of water. Add it to the soup and simmer 2 min until thickened..
- Season/taste for salt and pepper. You might be surprised how much salt this soup can take. Add the cream and rice and heat through. Add the green onion, and lemon zest and serve..
Creamy Vegan Wild Rice Mushroom Soup recipe that is comforting, warming and filling. Wild rice soup was the food of my childhood. My mom still makes it every year for Christmas Eve dinner. Yet another iteration of the wild rice soup that I so know and love. This fresh chanterelle mushroom soup with wild rice, parsley, and dill makes for an elegant, savory meal that can be ready in under an hour.