Smothered Mushroom Chicken.
You can cook Smothered Mushroom Chicken using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Smothered Mushroom Chicken
- It’s 8 oz of mushrooms.
- You need 4 of scallions.
- It’s 2 lbs of chicken breast.
- You need 4 tablespoons of sour cream.
- You need 2 oz of chicken stock concentrate.
- It’s 1/2 cup of shredded Monterey cheese.
Smothered Mushroom Chicken instructions
- Trim and thinly slice mushrooms and scallions separating whites from greens..
- Brown and cook chicken through in a frypan with oil. Salt and pepper to taste. Set aside chicken, the pan will be used in the next step..
- Using the same pan as the chicken add oil then cook mushrooms and scallion whites until soft. Stir I. Chicken stock concentrate and 1/4 cup water and bring to boil. Cook 1-2 minutes to thicken then add sour cream and butter..
- Stir chicken into sauce then serve with Monterey Jack cheese and green scallions. Great with mashed potatoes..