Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce. Mix flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. A quick chicken recipe with an Italian accent, here's my Chicken with Creamy Marsala Sauce. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet.
This easy chicken marsala recipe is a classic! Tender pan-fried chicken is smothered in a marsala Juicy pan-fried chicken is smothered in a marsala cream sauce. Place the chicken thighs on a cutting board, skin side up, and pat them dry with paper towels. You can have Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce
- Prepare 1 1/2 pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts, each breast cut crosswise into 3 pieces.
- It’s of Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Prepare 5 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 pound of cremini mushrooms, sliced.
- You need 2 tablespoons of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 cup of dry Marsala wine.
- Prepare 1 cup (8 ounces) of mascarpone cheese (I used quality cream cheese).
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves, plus whole sprigs, for garnish.
- You need 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard (possibly more, but taste it when it's ready).
- You need 12 ounces of dried fettuccine (I used Egg Noodles).
This chicken marsala recipe adds in dijon mustard & creamy mascarpone cheese. It's a rich dish that's easy to prepare but totally impressive. The creamy sauce played nicely with the fresh, crisp flavors of the chardonnay and the wine had just enough body to stand up to the rich chicken marsala. Chicken breasts smothered in a creamy mustard sauce.
Chicken with Creamy Mustard Marsala Sauce instructions
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper. Heat the oil in a heavy large skillet over high heat. Add the chicken and cook just until brown, about 4 minutes per side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and cool slightly..
- Wile the chicken cools, melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the same skillet over medium high heat then add the onion and saute until tender, about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until the mushrooms are tender about 12 minute..
- Add the wine and simmer until it is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. Stir in the Mascarpone (or cream cheese) and mustard. Cut the chicken breasts crosswise into 1/3 inch thick slices..
- Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the skillet. Simmer uncovered, over medium-low heat until the chicken is just cooked through and the sauce thickens slightly, about 2 minutes. Stir in the chopped parsley. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the fettuccine and cook until al dente, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes. Drain. Toss the fettuccine with 3 tablespoons of butter and season, to taste, with salt and pepper..
- Add the fettuccine onto serving plates. Spoon the chicken mixture over top. Garnish with parsley sprigs and serve.
This dish is unbelievably quick and easy! I found this recipe for Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce in a newly purchased cookbook, Everyday Food: Great Food Fast (from the kitchen's of Martha Stewart Living). Creamy Chicken Marsala is a classic Italian recipe that is super easy to make with savory mushrooms and soaked in a rich marsala wine sauce. This Chicken Marsala recipe is totally addictive and is our favorite dinners to make. You pan-fry the thinly sliced chicken to make it crispy around the edges.