Honey Mustard Cobb Salad.
You can have Honey Mustard Cobb Salad using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Honey Mustard Cobb Salad
- It’s of Dressing/Marinade:.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of honey.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of whole grain mustard.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of smooth and mild Dijon mustard.
- You need 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of Apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar), (OPTIONAL — to cut through the sweetness).
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of minced garlic.
- You need of Salt to season.
- Prepare 4 of skinless and boneless chicken thighs or chicken breasts.
- Prepare of For Salad:.
- It’s 1/4 cup of diced bacon, trimmed of rind and fat.
- Prepare 4 cups of Romaine lettuce leaves, washed.
- Prepare 1 cup of sliced grape or cherry tomatoes (I use red peppers to substitute).
- You need 1 of large avocado, pitted and sliced.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of corn kernels.
- It’s 1/4 of of a red onion, sliced.
Honey Mustard Cobb Salad instructions
- Whisk marinade / dressing ingredients together to combine. Pour half the marinade into a shallow dish to marinade the chicken fillets for two hours if time allows. Refrigerate the reserved untouched marinade to use as a dressing..
- Heat a nonstick pan (or grill pan or skillet) over medium heat with about a teaspoon of oil and sear / grill chicken fillets on each side until golden, crispy and cooked through. (Grill in batches to prevent excess water being released.) Once chicken is cooked, set aside and allow to rest..
- Wipe pan over with paper towel; drizzle with another teaspoon of oil and fry the bacon until crispy..
- Slice chicken into strips and prepare salad with leaves, tomatoes, avocado slices, corn, onion strips and chicken..
- Whisk 2 tablespoons of water into the remaining untouched marinade / dressing and drizzle over the salad. Sprinkle the bacon over the top and season with a little extra salt and cracked pepper (optional)..