Fried perch 🎣and morel mushrooms 🍄. Pan Fried Morel Mushrooms are everything. Freshly picked morels dredged in seasoned flour and pan fried in butter. Transfer the fried morels to a paper towel lined plate and repeat this process with the remaining mushrooms.
Breaded and fried morels is a popular way to eat these delicacies. These pan fried morel mushrooms are the perfect way to use up the delicious spring mushroom. Lightly pan fried in butter and totally delicious! You can have Fried perch 🎣and morel mushrooms 🍄 using 14 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Fried perch 🎣and morel mushrooms 🍄
- You need 6 of perch fillets cut into pieces.
- You need 4 of large morel mushrooms.
- Prepare 3 of eggs.
- You need of For the breading:.
- Prepare 2 cups of cornmeal.
- Prepare 1.5 cups of flour.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of hidden valley ranch seasoning mix.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of the following:.
- It’s of Soul seasoning.
- Prepare of Cajun seasoning.
- You need of Garlic powder.
- Prepare of Onion powder.
- It’s of Black pepper.
- Prepare of Deep fryer for frying.
So get out and forage those mushrooms and get to cooking! Every mushroom lover has his or her favorite morel recipes. Whether with meats, asparagus, or plain old butter, we all have our preferred way of preparing these springtime treasures. This easy recipe for fried morels is a great way to use up your mushrooms, requiring little time and few ingredients.
Fried perch 🎣and morel mushrooms 🍄 step by step
- Soak morels in cold water for 20 minutes to remove any remaining dirt or bugs. Cut into quarters..
- Heat oil to 375. Beat eggs in one bowl and mix dry breading ingredients in a separate bowl..
- Dip fish and mushrooms in egg then breading and fry about 3-4 minutes for the fish and 1-2 minutes for the mushrooms or until golden brown and crispy..
- Serve with hot sauce, ranch, tarter, southwest ranch or lemon juice squeezed over the top. Pairs well with a side salad, potato salad, deviled eggs, collard greens, sautéed kale or spinach, green beans & bacon, corn on the Cobb, Mac and cheese Or spaghetti..
Mushrooms should go FIRST into the Wet Batter, SECOND into the Cake Flour, and then THIRD knock off all the excess clumps and repeat until all mushrooms are coated with the flour batter. Learn about the two types of false morels that you need to avoid- Verpa Bohemica and Gyromitra esculenta. So what does a true morel actually look like? Morels are one of the most easily identifiable of the edible mushrooms in the woods. Morels, like most mushrooms and most delicacies, are best prepared simply so you can really savour them.