Ukrainian Vushka (Mushroom dumplings).
You can cook Ukrainian Vushka (Mushroom dumplings) using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ukrainian Vushka (Mushroom dumplings)
- Prepare 454 g of mushrooms (2 pkgs).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of egg (slightly beaten).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk, room temperature.
- You need 2 cups of flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 2 Tbs. of butter, softened.
- It’s 1 1/2 of medium onions.
- It’s 5 cloves of minced garlic.
- Prepare of Salt an pepper to taste (for filling).
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of bread crumbs.
Ukrainian Vushka (Mushroom dumplings) instructions
- Measure 2 cups of flour and place it in a large mixing bowl, making a well in the middle..
- Add the egg, salt, sour cream and butter into the well..
- Using a dough hook start mixing on low incorporating the flour into the wet ingredients, forming soft dough..
- Keep on adding the milk slowly into the mixture, until all used up. Add additional warm water if needed, to form a soft, sticky dough..
- Incorporate the remaining flour, until a soft and silky dough is formed. Do not over knead the dough, so it does not get tough. It should feel like fresh pizza dough, but slightly softer..
- Once the dough has formed, cover it with a tea towel, and let it rest at least 15 minutes..
- In the meantime, grate all your mushrooms (in a food processor or by hand). Pour some olive oil in a pan on medium high heat. Saute the mushrooms until the water evaporates. Approximatey(5-7 minutes).
- Add in diced onions. Saute for another few minutes. Add minced garlic and saute another minute..
- Add soy sauce and bread crumbs. Cook for another minute. And then set aside. If you find your mixture to be too watery still, place in a strainer and allow the liquid to drain..
- Generously flour your work area, and roll out 1/2 of the dough, to a very thin sheet, about 1/8 inch thickness. Leave the second half of the dough covered to keep it from drying out..
- Cut your dough in long strips and then cut them again on a diagonal to form diamonds..
- With a spoon add a bit of filling to each peice of dough, one by one. Fold over the dough to form a triangle. Pinch the sides well on each side. Pull 2 corners of the triangle together to form a ring. Place on the a floured tray until ready to cook..
- Once all dumplings are made. Boil a large pot of water. Throw in enough dumplings to cover the bottom of the pot (about half of them). Wait until dumplings start floating before you pull them out..
- Enjoy with borscht!.