Broccoli mushroom cheddar mac and cheese. Cheesy mac and cheese with sharp cheddar, parmesan, and broccoli. Add cooked broccoli, cheddar cheese, and pepper stir until fully incorporated. Slowly add the milk, whisking, until it thickens.
Simple, delicious, and totally comforting, this White Cheddar Mac and Cheese is the perfect quick fix for weeknight dinners. Add the cooked and drained pasta, broccoli, and chopped chicken back to the skillet with the sauce I use this recipe but I also add a cup of chopped mushrooms with the broccoli. Try this comforting quinoa mac and cheese with broccoli, creamy white cheddar sauce & a cracker crust topping. You can cook Broccoli mushroom cheddar mac and cheese using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Broccoli mushroom cheddar mac and cheese
- You need 2 of broccoli heads.
- It’s 16 oz of sliced mushrooms.
- Prepare 1 of small onion.
- It’s 4 cloves of garlic.
- It’s 200 g of grated cheddar cheese.
- You need 16 oz of elbow pasta (macaroni).
- You need 1 cup of milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
This version contains melted white cheddar cheese, fresh broccoli and protein packed quinoa! Even Tony, who doesn't like anything with quinoa in it. Somewhere in the midst of that conversation, I mentioned that I had just made an epic batch of Broccoli Chicken Mac & Cheese earlier that day, but had writer's block and couldn't think of what on earth to write about it other than. Place macaroni into the baking dish and pour the cheese mixture over the pasta, mixing well.
Broccoli mushroom cheddar mac and cheese step by step
- Steam broccoli florets while making sure that they are not overcooked. Keep aside.
- Boil the pasta on salted water and keep aside.
- Heat butter in a sauce pan, and saute garlic and onion for 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and saute until tender. Add salt and pepper to taste and mix. For extra spice, use red pepper flakes.
- Mix flour with 1/2 cut water and add this mixture to the sauce pan. Mix well (avoid lumps).
- Slowly add milk while stirring. Turn off the heat.
- Add in the grated cheese and mix until the cheese fully melts..
- Mix in the steamed broccoli and boiled pasta..
- Transfer the whole mixture to a oven proof greased pan..
- Top with bread crumbs or Romano cheese.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes or until cheese starts bubbling on the sides.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
And it is the perfect way to sneak in those greens! I also did you guys a favor and added broccoli. Creamy and tangy white cheddar cheese and fresh broccoli florets make this mac and cheese a knock-out. Light Mac and Cheese Recipe with Broccoli. My favorite mac & cheese I have ever had was in Portland and they used both sharp cheddar & parm.